Author Topic: Blue hat dreams ?  (Read 915 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Blue hat dreams ?
« on: January 11, 2024, 11:04:42 AM »
After long and hard thought  I must recognize two realities: OLD AGE and my wife's health.

Miss Liberty is for sale:  with -- DYNO TIME ONLY A engine that should be able to add 5 to 10% on a decent track 

she has a lot of things to help her do it as well as a legendary Trailer and your choice of tow Power 8100 or DuraMax

I now have cutting edge heads lots of instrumentation and thousands of dollars of parts to build  cutting edge AA and B engines

Air shift Liberty 5 speed with a GV which gives you almost unlimited gear combs as well as a clutch  both ends as well as free wheel to protect "STUFF" in the event of drive train issues

call Sparky,(602-762-2211" for info on this car that has all the necessary stuff (except a younger owner-driver) for EL M or B'ville records
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 11:07:13 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Re: Blue hat dreams ?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 12:25:21 PM »
Wives are far more important than hats Sparky. JB
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 04:42:17 PM »
Sparky,

Sorry to hear you are selling Miss Liberty. Wish you and your wife the best in your new home in Texas.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 07:08:07 PM »
Wives are far more important than hats Sparky. JB

I second that. Go well Sparky and wishing your wife all the best.🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 09:06:27 PM »
Well guys, Sparky Bill already has his blue hat... I know he wanted to get back in the book... but as we all know sh!t happens. 
I talked to Sparky a couple weeks ago... he was pumped about the extra power his new engine would bring to the table based on the dyno session.  Bill, Hope Linda is doing well, She's put up with you for a long time....
So any of y'all that want a blue hat might get in touch with Sparky... there is a pretty good shot at one with a well sorted car waiting for you.
If you are looking, start at the Miss Liberty build diary...
https://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=9404.0
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 07:19:13 AM »
Sparky,

well, it was a long time ago when we start that journey

enjoy your retirement with your family...

hoping to see you again at the salt....as a spectator...I'm back in 2024
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 11:16:38 AM »
This 499" engine made 1067 HP at 7850  planned shift points at 8500-9000.  RPM  we had to lower the RA ratio from 2.14 to 2.26 that increases the  rear wheel thrust by 9.5 %.  Change the cam  and you can most like have 1200 HP  this is a Bonneville specific eng. by an engine builder who has won eng masters  with a BBC   602 762 2211 Sparky
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 11:19:05 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!