Author Topic: Who's Ready to GO!  (Read 21502 times)

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

Re: Who's Ready to GO!
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
The rare and dangerous Sumalope:

-JH

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 06:23:42 PM »
Rchop, are you coming to Speedweek? I sure want to see that BMW.

I'll be there, stop on by the pits any time. We will be with the San Diego Roadster club.
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

landracing

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 09:15:52 PM »
Just got new Motec up and running on the bike, have not fired it yet. We may get to do that this weekend - Saturday night... Haven't even thought about the trailer yet... We leave next sunday night after pool league @ 11 PM, should put us in around 9 or 10 Monday morning. See you all there, and if you see us that means we didn't have any problems and it runs.. :)

Jon

Offline Freud

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 10:28:37 PM »
Jon..is Motech Spanish for an auto inflated doll?

Is she ready to go right out of the box?

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 10:41:44 PM »
As usual, I should be ready around the 21st.  Freud, where are you when I need you?  Oh, yeah, the tanning booth................. :-D
Bob Drury

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 11:20:14 PM »

"  I insulated the ceiling for this trip, so hopefully it will stay cooler when the AC is running."

Cooler? AC?  Man that is just not fair. I did make an improvement to the awning, but AC  I wish.
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2008, 08:34:43 AM »

"  I insulated the ceiling for this trip, so hopefully it will stay cooler when the AC is running."

Cooler? AC?  Man that is just not fair. I did make an improvement to the awning, but AC  I wish.

Just look for this trailer in line at speed week. You can stop by and cool off anytime  :-D

Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2008, 09:21:34 AM »
Are we "ready"?  I don't know, but we're on the road.  We left the house about an hour ago.  With luck -- and strong high-capacity kiudneys -- we hope to get to Jamestown, ND, by bedtime tonight.  Rchop, you're a sick man, showing a trailer that's all full -- and there's floor showing?  What kind of racer is that?  OUrs has stuff piled, crammed, and shoved -- and we still think we forgot stuff.

On the subject of packing, our last stop was to get the dry ice to keep the pasties frozen.  They're in a deep freezer in the trailer, and we can plug it in ovenight, but during the cday it's dry ice and hope that'll keep the food frozen so you folks may better enjoy it next Sunday evening.

That's enough for now -- yes, we've got internet and email in the truck as we travel, thank you Jon Amo.

Be in touch if you need to -- or just tune in for upcdates as we head the 1,900 miles west over the next three days.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2008, 09:35:44 AM »
No typing and driving mister!!!!

I agree with you on Rchop's trailer!!! If we have floor showing then we forgot something!  :-D

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2008, 11:59:12 AM »
I learned my lesson last year...I Way overpacked!! I even had a drill press and a welder. I figure if I get to the point of needing that kind of stuff...I'm done racing.

With that being said...I'm not showing anyone inside of the bed of my truck! :-o
www.frsengineering.com
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2008, 12:01:59 PM »
I am just about ready to make the trip. I finished picking up some clothing and such, unfortunately I will be flying in without my car. I figured if the car can't make it at least I can. I want to check out the whole scene and see all of the cars and bikes you folk have put together. I will be comming in on Tuesday due to another race that I can make with the car(drag race)being on the same weekend as the start of bville. I am coming out by myself so if I stop by and am bothering any of you for too long just tell me to get lost.
I can't wait to get there. See everybody on the salt.

P.S.-hope everyone has a safe trip.

Mike Reichen
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »
.......... I even had a drill press and a welder. I figure if I get to the point of needing that kind of stuff...I'm done racing............

We've been real happy that someone has been there with a welder more than once and have even seen mills and lathes out there.  We learned last year you aren't done until Friday (Sunday this year) unless things are really bad,

Sum

Offline WZ JUNK

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2008, 12:53:21 PM »

-JH

Horny devil huh.

I will see ya in a few days.

John

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:47:50 PM by Sumner »
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »

-JH

Horny devil huh.

I will see ya in a few days.

John

I have been that once or twice  :wink:.  Maybe this should be moved over to the "400 mph Jet powered Salt Flat car for free" thread under Denise's vibrating post  8-) ,

Sum

Offline DCarr511

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2008, 05:10:27 PM »
Just look for this trailer in line at speed week. You can stop by and cool off anytime  :-D

My Son and I passed that trailer on I 40 Eastbound in June we were headed to Maxton. I'll look for it from the air this year. ut will more than likely first see it again when I'm on the Salt. I'll make sure to stop by and say Hello ......