Author Topic: A Special Congratulations To Eric Burns and Tweety...  (Read 11456 times)

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
Re: A Special Congratulations To Eric Burns and Tweety...
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »
In my many years in the timing trailer I have seen many tears on both sides of a speed number. With todays modern timing equipment and vehicle displays on the screen I know what record each are running on. We in timing have our moments and know what everyone is trying to achieve. There is a cheering section you wouldn't believe in that big box in the center. We don't know each one of you as there are many trying to do the same thing. But when that magic moment happens regardless of the speed we are the first to know and my words are take it to impound.

We ride with each of you during your runs. Our rewards are many and we love the job. The three courses have added more to our daily jobs. But we volunteer to these positions just as every worker on the salt.
Salt fever is the addiction, speed is the game. the first goal you set is a forever memory. As the meet gets closer the days seem to get longer as you all know. The minute you drive on the salt and head  for the pits many new and old friendships happen and when you go home a lot of thoughts go through your mind as you prepair for the next year. Looking forward to seeing all of you next week on our Mecca.

I think the next car we run needs to have a radio in it.   We smile every time we hear it for someone else . . . would be something to hear it on your own run!

And I've got several forever memories thanks to the salt and everyone that makes it happen.
I agree. After a run, the first two things I ask is "how fast" and " what did Glen say"
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »
Eric,

Thanks for revisiting this moment and sharing your memories. Evil Tweety is one of our favorites and I always point it out to new crew members. One of the things that I love about our sport is the variety of race vehicles and how essentially, each driver is racing their own race. If you try to describe the vast spectrum of machines, you can't include the Burklands without including Evil Tweety.

-Scott
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline hechtrod

• MyRideisMe.com
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 10:42:17 AM »
Hey EVIL TWEETY.  I totally dug your car when I saw it in the pits last year.  Here's a quick pic I snapped with the point and shoot.

Gonna read your post about last year you just posted a few days ago.   :-D

EDIT:  Holy Snikies tweety.  Just read your july 30 post/story.  Amazing story!  That is a lot of effort just to get to the Salt.  Then to track down that safety bar.  We need to get your story into the MyRideisMe Salt book.  Can't wait to see you push the record this year!  See you on the Salt!
Hecht
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:57:03 AM by hechtrod »

Offline sockjohn

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »
Congratulations!   :cheers:

This vehicle and team really caught my eye and was a contributing factor in getting into this sport, it looked like no matter what I decided to do it was going to be fun!

Glad to see all the hard work pay off!