Author Topic: Thanks Dad!  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Evil Tweety

• Read more on Evil Tweety
Thanks Dad!
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:29:50 AM »
I was originally going to post under the last minute thrashes topic - I'm in the same boat.  Just got new springs in the car, a different rear axle (the old one was bent) and have an appointment for an alignment at 11 tomorrow.  Will probably be up until midnight or 1 AM tomorrow, then hit the road at 4AM.

But the only reason I'll be ready tomorrow is because my dad came over to help.  If anyone has ever looked closely at Evil Tweety, it says "Thanks Dad!" on the left front fender.  The first year I was only able to run because my dad helped with so many things - the scatter shield, electric fan, fresh air duct, panel for the fire bottle lever, the list goes on and on.  The decal went on the that first week.  It's painted on now, and I'll always have it there.

My son turns three on Thursday.  He helps me understand more why my dad is so special and does so much for me - I see in my boy the magic that must be what makes my dad care so much about me.

So here's a big thank you to all the special dads out there!

Offline desotoman

Re: Thanks Dad!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 01:34:23 PM »
Well said.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.