Author Topic: Noob questions  (Read 3551 times)

Offline Blob1620

• New folks
Noob questions
« on: June 02, 2022, 12:48:01 PM »
Hi all, this is my first year.

Have people been getting their 2022 rulebooks and whatnot yet? I've been registered for months and just want to make sure I've not been forgotten about. The car is almost done, and I'm prepping up for the 2000 mile road trip to come join you all this year!!!

Offline GW

Re: Noob questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 01:10:03 PM »
Whatchabringin?

GW

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 02:23:58 PM »
Nope, I haven't received my tube yet*, either, and I don't think the books are released yet.  No doubt I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

*The tube is the mailing tube/container which members will get.  It contains the poster, pins and info sheets.  The rulebooks are mailed in a separate envelope.  Soon, very soon...
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 37 ROADSTER

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 03:28:44 PM »
Rule books are out and should be delivered soon.

Offline Blob1620

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 03:48:26 PM »
Absolutely wild to me that the rule book comes out just a month or two before the event.... I hope there aren't any surprises compared to the 2021 version.

Offline Blob1620

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 04:27:42 PM »
Whatchabringin?

GW

J/GL Lakester

Online Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 04:40:40 PM »
"Absolutely wild to me that the rule book comes out just a month or two before the event.... I hope there aren't any surprises compared to the 2021 version."

The good thing about getting the book so late is that it's easy to find the changes even tho there are pages and pages to check out.  The changes made over the previous year's book have always been in bold type and easy to find.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 04:43:10 PM by Stan Back »
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline deepindebt

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 05:00:26 PM »
I ordered my book from the SCTA store, I received it fairly quickly, and no changes for our class luckily.
327,B/GR

Online Stan Back

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 05:27:40 PM »
Breeze thru the other pages in addition to your class pages.  There may be safety and construction changes, too.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline gowing

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2022, 11:21:12 PM »
Absolutely wild to me that the rule book comes out just a month or two before the event....
I agree.

Online Stan Back

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 04:19:34 PM »
The changes are only considered after the year's meets have ended.  And the clubs weigh in on them, too.

Just a reminder, the rule makers are competitors, too.  And your club, if you got one, should be keeping you abreast.

Offline gowing

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2022, 11:38:44 PM »
The changes are only considered after the year's meets have ended. 
Why exactly is that?

Offline MRK

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2022, 04:41:22 PM »
The changes are only considered after the year's meets have ended. 
Why exactly is that?
Submissions for rule changes close September 1. The requests are looked over by the rules committee and then submitted to the clubs to be discussed and voted on. Sometime in November, there is a rules committee meeting where the clubs and other officials gather to vote. After the vote, the results are presented to the SCTA elected board for approval, ideally during the November board meeting. This has been the SOP for the past 10 years at least.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline MRK

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2022, 04:46:30 PM »
Absolutely wild to me that the rule book comes out just a month or two before the event.... I hope there aren't any surprises compared to the 2021 version.
The rulebook was delayed this season due to supply chain issues that affected production. I know this sounds like a PC excuse, but all involved in the process worked very hard to get the rule book out in a timely fashion. If you are a member of an SCTA club, you have the ability to stay in touch with what's going on within the organization. If you're not a member and want to know what's going on within the organization, join a club. If you are a member and don't know what the rule changes will be, I suggest you contact your club president. 
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline salt27

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2022, 06:01:40 PM »
A big thank you to all the VOLUNTEERS that donate their time so the rest of us can race.

Don