Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Build Diaries / Re: Belly Tank Build Diary
« Last post by Mike Brown on Today at 08:43:34 AM »
A very "interesting" car that pitted beside us at the ECTA event this month.  It is a 1959 Renault with an 85" wheelbase.  It is powered by a 3.8L Buick V6.  The engine had a large single turbo and the owner claimed 1,100hp on the dyno.  The interesting thing was that the output of the turbo was connected directly to the throttle body.  There was no intercooler.  He ran water (no methanol) injection before and after the turbo.  He showed me data from a run with over 30pounds of boost and the manifold temperature was only 140 degrees F.  His goal was 200mph in the 1/2 mile.  He ran multiple passes at 183mph with a best of 184mph.  He was plagued with traction issues the entire event. 
« Last post by Mike Brown on Today at 08:34:26 AM »
The sensor for the front wheel was much easier.  I used the same sensor with the "spokes" of the brake rotor as the target.  Using a simple hex brass spacer the sensor was attached to the inner wheel disk. 
« Last post by Mike Brown on Today at 08:31:48 AM »
I feel the need for more data to determine where the slippage is in this application.  I have the data logger on the car and there are additional inputs that can be configured for "frequency" signals.  The data logger allows me to apply the math to convert the frequency to MPH.  I decided to add Hall Effect sensors to the front and rear tires so the tire speed can be logged separately.  I really like Hall Effect sensors since they have a reliable square wave output.  I am using a reverse biased gear tooth sensor (GT1) that is available from Ebay for $25.  These sensors have a magnet inside the sensor and detect ferrous metal.  With properly configured target they and operate reliably from zero speed up to 20kHz.  I decided to use two pulses from the driveshaft at the transmission.  I machined a wheel that can be attached to the drive shaft yoke that is wide enough that the sensor will still work properly as the drive shaft moves in and out with the suspension movement. 
Build Diaries / Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Last post by tauruck on Today at 04:27:49 AM »
Boys, I had to get a new email address.

pro1racinglsr@outlook.com

For those that had the old one.

God Bless.
Bonneville General Chat / Re: The camera on the salt flats
« Last post by ratpatrol66 on May 19, 2024, 11:13:16 PM »
Seems they have changed the link
new address here: https://horel.chpc.utah.edu/data/station_cameras/bflat_cam/bflat_cam_current.jpg

Maybe you didn't get the update

I had no idea about this. Thanks for the update. I couldn't get my daily fix.
Upcoming Events / Return to Bolivia 2024
« Last post by ack on May 19, 2024, 08:35:50 PM »
The 2023 Bolivia event was an unmitigated disaster. We had the wrong people in Bolivia that were incompetent and dishonest supposedly helping us. Having the event go so badly just made us more determined to put on a very well-organized event that proves the location is the best in the world to set international speed records. I, Reg Cook, Jamie Williams, Jim Knapp, and Al Lamb have decided to finance a return in 2024. We have hired Marcos Soto to organize the logistics in Bolivia. Marcos has come recommended by people we trust. He has worked with movie and video production companies for the last 15 years. This will be a combined FIA and FIM sanctioned event. Marcos has enlisted the help of the various government ministers who are supporting the event. The Bolivian Sports Minister is issuing a permit as a National Sporting Event to promote it and will work with others within the government to obtain required approvals. Marcos and the FIA are working with the Auto Club Bolivia who will help with promotion and logistics. We chose the month of October as it was recommended by Marcos and other local people in Uyuni as the best time to run such an event. There is no chance of rain, there is very little wind, and the temperature is much warmer than previous events. We have decided to have a flat rate entry fee for the event of $10,000.00. If you have any interest in going this takes away the uncertainty of cost. Also, we are not recommending you stay at the hotels located at the salt which are expensive, and food is limited to what is offered at the hotel. Good hotels in the town of Uyuni run from $50.00 to $85.00 per night and offer a good free breakfast. Uyuni has a population of 30,000 and has a wide variety of restaurants to choose from. Travel time to the entrance of the salt is 30 minutes.

Here is a link to the 2024 website.

https://www.boliviaspeedtrials.com/
« Last post by Speed Limit 1000 on May 19, 2024, 03:47:49 PM »
For Sale by Private Parties / Lakester for sale.
« Last post by ctjahn on May 19, 2024, 09:09:38 AM »
Lakester for sale. 

As a slider (no engine or trans) 15k. with trans 20k.

Purchased with intentions of running a 2L ohc. Mocked up but should get some attention.  Passed tech, history of running.

Just dont have the time and need to buy a stacker for road racing.

ctjahn@courtneyjahn.com
920-904-6099
« Last post by aircap on May 19, 2024, 12:30:44 AM »
Dude, I check the camera at least 10 times a day. It's working fine. This weekend has seen lots of traffic out there, even at night.
« Last post by ratpatrol66 on May 18, 2024, 10:55:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure the camera got blasted in the storm a few weeks ago. There has been no action from the camera for at least three weeks now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10