Author Topic: Sumner  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

Sumner
« on: May 30, 2007, 01:06:07 AM »
I know that good work takes time and money and I know it is not easy to be able to come up with them.

I know that you are doing a fine job on your lakester and am sure you have many other things going on in your life but I want to see it run.

I dont know if you had a goal to have it complete but I am throwing down a challenge.

Have it ready for next years speedweek.....it can be done. 

-JH
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline RICK

Re: Sumner
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:44:48 AM »
For once, I think I totally understand where both of these guys are coming from.

And the answer is something like,,,,,,,"The greatest rewards are in the journey, and not just the destination"

RICK
It's not over, it's just harder.

Offline hitz

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 10:45:26 AM »
For once, I think I totally understand where both of these guys are coming from.

And the answer is something like,,,,,,,"The greatest rewards are in the journey, and not just the destination"

RICK

Diddo!

Harvey

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:56:02 AM »
Watch it though, he is going on tour for the next couple of weeks.
He will be spying on behalf of the notorious Blanding Yacht Club.
I have developed a few sailing techniques that I want to guard but the LSR stuff I don't care and he is welcome to.  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 11:39:58 PM »
.................................Have it ready for next years speedweek.....it can be done. 
-JH

That sounds reasonable to me, but last year I would have told you I would be running this year :cry:

Like a lot of others on here I can't believe how much has come up in the last 9 months and that was after I shut the store down.  I'd better reopen it so I get something done.  Right now I'm camped in the teardrop somewhere in Idaho in one of Walmart's fine parking lots.  On the way to a wedding Sat. and then down to Calif. for some secret sailing lessons from guess who :-o.  Then next weekend to El Mirage to see some cars and bikes that actually have been finished by some hard working racers.  I'm looking forward to that as it will be my first trip to the dirt.

Then home and I promise I'll get right to work after  I cut the grass, take the garbage out, clean out the store, etc., etc.  :wink:.

I do like the journey, but it can continue once the car makes a run.  By the way I'm stopping and spending a day with Harv (Hitz), so I'll be lighting a fire there  :-D.

c ya,

Sum

Offline ack

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 07:12:09 AM »
Hey Sum

If your coming down highway 80 and 5 stop by. We are only about 30 miles out of your way.  Be careful hanging around that San Diego crowd.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 08:42:52 AM »
Hey Sum

If your coming down highway 80 and 5 stop by. We are only about 30 miles out of your way.  Be careful hanging around that San Diego crowd.

I should have included it in the e-mail but do you really want to hang with somebody that posts at 4am ? :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 01:25:27 PM »
Sum, if you really want to enjoy the trip, swing through Eastern Washington. We'll have fresh cherries by Tues. the 5th.

Offline Freud

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 10:35:23 PM »
And if you come to Western Washington, I'll give you aged vintage wine to wash the taste of those rain cracked cherries off of your pallet.
FREUD
Since '63

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 11:25:59 AM »
OK I'll see your bet and raise you a box of rotten apples too.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 11:44:31 AM »
OK I'll see your bet and raise you a box of rotten apples too.

Guys I would love to come up to WA, I like that state, but it is too far north for this trip.  Now if you might have raised him say,  100 gallons of 87 Octane I might have considered  8-).

c ya,  Sum

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 11:08:12 PM »
Whaaaat.... ya wanna die rich, go north young man, eat cherries, drink wine, bask in the cool Washington clouds, check your wipers...  :wink:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O