Author Topic: How much seat time is enough?  (Read 6901 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: How much seat time is enough?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 10:27:21 AM »
I had trepidations............... This past week at BUB this theory was further reinforced when I applied nitrous to a 190 mph speed on this very soft/wet slush as I entered the mile. The back of the bike fishtailed back and forth to a great degree for most the mile but never went down................

How about starting a different post and tell us about the nitrous experience this year.  I'm interested in how it worked out and what approach you took after all the discussion on it a month or two or three ago,

Sum

Sum

If you would like to hear my story I'll post it in a couple days. Still getting over the disappointing week.

Bill

Sounds good, we have been trying to learn from the "disappointment" side ourselves  :cry: ,

Sum

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 01:59:01 PM »
todd
sounds pretty qualified to me..!...
kent

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 04:31:06 PM »
Thanks for the responses so far...
  so to continue this conversation....

If you were tasked with coaching someone new to LSR and the goal was somewhere over 200mph, and they had some experience or skill but not necessarily in LSR, what would you say? What's the most important thing(s)? What's the best approach? What are the prerequisites?

TIA
Deb

PS: Just in case you're wondering, I guess I'm not really going anywhere specific with this other then the fact that we're getting more & more new racers with high expectations and I often find myself in a position to be guiding newer people. So the thoughts & opinions of the collective are often helpful. We're having more & more bikes down & cars spinning and I'd like to see us all do what we can to help everyone be safe out there!

I know I personally learned a few things from my wreck. Some I've already passed on to some going faster then me that have helped them be safer and faster. Some things I've learned are geared more to the newer & will be shared when appropriate. I know there are many out there that don't/won't share because they don't want to help someone be faster then them. Fortunately / unfortunately I'm not one of them. I'd much rather you be faster then me & safe then know I could have helped you be safe & didn't.
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Unkl Ian

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 05:13:42 PM »

What's the most important thing(s)?
What's the best approach? What are the prerequisites?

An open mind,and willingness to learn from others,will go a long way.

Money is important,but sometimes the Ego that goes with it gets in the way.
I guess the answer is "a Secret" .