Author Topic: Newe engine classes for CIR  (Read 2553 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: Newe engine classes for CIR
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2023, 10:49:19 AM »

OK I have an idea that would make money for the organization.... have run whatcha brung classes with safety requirements based on speed...  and everybody entered gets a trophy with their speed on it if they meet the safety requirement.... Kinda like 130 and 150 clubs... with trophys...

Stainless, good idea to raise money, but implementation might propose a problem, especially during Speed Week. Although if you only let those cars run after say Tuesday on a designated course, it might work. 

No we don't need anymore classes, we have enough now. Just because someone what's a new class does not mean we need to create one.

I heard there might be a NASCAR class in the future, and it is under review.

Question for MRK. So if you cannot use a Windsor Ford Block with Cleveland Heads in the C/AIR class, can you use one in the new "D" class with Boss 302 heads?  From what I have read the Boss 302 used a modified Windsor block for 69 and 70.

Are Chrysler poly blocks legal with early Hemi heads? Many 301 poly blocks have been used with Hemi heads in the past, so would this be legal for the new "D" AIR class?

Thanks,

Tom G.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 11:02:49 AM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2023, 12:11:03 PM »
There has always been a class for any year NASCAR racers -- it's called T.O.  All they gotta do is have the required safety equipment.

Can you imagine the competitors whining -- "My 1957 Petty shouldn't have to run against those 2014 Penskes!"

As for trophies for run what you brung -- Why not attach the timing tag to a nice wooden plaque.  Just bump the T.O. entries $50 to cover the cost.

And with entries down, don't make them run on Tuesday.   Treat them as regular entries and welcome them to the fold.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline racergeo

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2023, 12:47:00 PM »

Enough common sense Stan, back away from the bomb. Oh and why did they add D class instead of B?? Both were proposed. Will there ever be a D that gets a RED hat. Just asking for a friend with early onset dementia. 

Offline MRK

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2023, 12:26:05 PM »

Enough common sense Stan, back away from the bomb. Oh and why did they add D class instead of B?? Both were proposed. Will there ever be a D that gets a RED hat. Just asking for a friend with early onset dementia.

The rule change petition that was received and voted on was only for the addition of "D" engines to the AIR class.
A rule change petition to include "B" engines in the AIR class was never received.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline MRK

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2023, 12:41:28 PM »

OK I have an idea that would make money for the organization.... have run whatcha brung classes with safety requirements based on speed...  and everybody entered gets a trophy with their speed on it if they meet the safety requirement.... Kinda like 130 and 150 clubs... with trophys...

Stainless, good idea to raise money, but implementation might propose a problem, especially during Speed Week. Although if you only let those cars run after say Tuesday on a designated course, it might work. 

No we don't need anymore classes, we have enough now. Just because someone what's a new class does not mean we need to create one.

I heard there might be a NASCAR class in the future, and it is under review.

Question for MRK. So if you cannot use a Windsor Ford Block with Cleveland Heads in the C/AIR class, can you use one in the new "D" class with Boss 302 heads?  From what I have read the Boss 302 used a modified Windsor block for 69 and 70.

Are Chrysler poly blocks legal with early Hemi heads? Many 301 poly blocks have been used with Hemi heads in the past, so would this be legal for the new "D" AIR class?

Thanks,

Tom G.

The current wording in the rule book does not allow for these types of combinations. The wording states that it must be a production engine.
A combination of production parts meeting the production year requirements is not.
The allowance of these combinations has been discussed and has been met with enthusiasm.
There may be a rule change petition submitted addressing this for inclusion in the 2024 rule book. Stand by.
Regards,
Mike
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline desotoman

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2023, 07:57:11 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Mike. Much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing if a rule change gets submitted for 2024.

Thanks again,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2023, 02:01:20 PM »
I have the perfect engine for the new "D" class. 1955 Dodge 270 cu.in. hemi. Give it a .100 bore and it is right at 300 cu. in. If you want to be different and need a challenge this is it!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2023, 02:17:04 PM »
I have the perfect engine for the new "D" class. 1955 Dodge 270 cu.in. hemi. Give it a .100 bore and it is right at 300 cu. in. If you want to be different and need a challenge this is it!
Rex

That is a great idea Rex. Gene Adams and Nick Smithberg have a 354 Hemi to run this year too. Dare to be different!
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...