Author Topic: Drag racing videos  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Drag racing videos
« on: June 20, 2022, 01:08:08 PM »
I got this from Richard Parks:

Motorsports and drag racing have been well-documented. There are many individuals and groups that write, photograph and film our history. Here is another source for those who are interested, and a review from Don Prieto. You can also check YouTube for more racing and interview content. If you are interested in a free copy (Word Doc only) of "The Wally and Barbara Parks Story; We Did It Our Way," please send me your request by return email. All the best,
Richard Parks

?The content of Main Event Video-produced programs is one of the greatest presentations of drag racing in the entire world. Filmmaker Dean Papadeas alone captured the essence of the thundering, smoking activity that only drag racing can produce with his hand-held inventive 'swoopy' camera. Running alongside and around fuel cars on the starting line produced stunning visuals up close and personal in areas where no man is allowed. Reissued after 30 years, the newly re-mastered conversions of all 36 programs to High-Definition has brought to life the raw talents of Papadeas. Innovations he created in filming the action at the dragstrip as never seen before, dramatized the sport in entertaining productions. Crisp visuals with cackling sounds in stereo are the marks of a signature style that set the standard for today?s method of shooting events." Don Prieto, Drag Racing Media Critic, Member International Drag Racing Hall of Fame.
See

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25OFMRsb4wU, https://MainEventVideos.com

or write to MainEventVideo@earthlink.net.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline MAYOMAN

Re: Drag racing videos
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 08:23:35 PM »
It was wonderful to hear those sounds and almost smell the nitro exhaust again. Featuring Don Garlits was also special. I first met Don when I went down to Florida for the 12-hour Sebring sports car race. I was totally into sports cars until I spent the week in Tampa with Don and Pat Garlits. He asked me to join him at a few of the big drag races to help on the car - and I was hooked. Drag racing for me! And land speed, of course. I was working on his  original Swamp Rat in 1958. He took my picture on his front lawn, which I treasure to this day. What a MAN!
The road is long - Life is short - Drive fast

Online Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 10:45:13 PM »
Boy, that front axle sure looks delicate!  I guess that was pre-wheelie days.

Great picture!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 10:11:58 AM »
Wheelies in 1958? Not enough tire traction - those were the first M&H Racemaster slicks. Before that there were Bruce's recaps. Not enough horsepower. 8 Stromberg 97 2-barrel carbs on log manifolds. Just smoked the tires until they hooked up. Not many blowers either. Didn't take too long after, though. TV Tommy?
The road is long - Life is short - Drive fast