Author Topic: Me  (Read 1659 times)

Offline garrell patterson

Me
« on: December 26, 2021, 11:30:51 PM »
Hello guys and I guess these days it?s necessary to say girls too. I know there are plenty of you that are in the prestigious 200 MPH Clup!
Don?t know how many or if any of you remember me. I started racing with you guys and girls I guess in
2011 in the P/P class. I went to Maxton to make one pass down the track. I made that deal with my Wife and two Daughters. I had a massive heart attack in January of 2009 after had three years earlier a what Doctors called and unsurvivable Massive Pulmonary Embolism. Three days or so after the heart attack I had suffered three strokes unknown by anyone. I was semi comatose didn?t respond to anything. I think early on it was thought I had been given too much morphine and that still could have been part of the problem but now I am listed in all of medical records as allergic to Morphine. I was in a wheelchair for two years and my memory bank was wiped clean, I knew nothing or nobody. I won?t bore you with a long detail of my life but after being rolled up to a nice building behind our home in a wheelchair they rolled me in and turned the lights on to a shop full of beautiful css see is and one truck
I did not know exactly what they all were. I asked my Daughters what each one was and they rolled me to each one and described what they were . When I asked who owned them they said Daddy they are yours. You take care of them and keep them looking like this and sometimes you race a few them. Anyway moving on. I started exercising for two hours every night things I made up myself, things that broke loose frozen joints. I had Rheumatoid Arthritis which had done a job on me after being confined to the chair a couple of years. After the visit to the shop I thought to my self I have got to start driving again . My family took turns taking me out to the local high school when it?s wasn?t in use, evenings, weekends, summer . Their choice for me to learn in because they thought I could see better out of was
My 2003 SS Silverado and it was super nice .
It?s getting late, I will finish this up tomorrow night,
Thanks
garrell patterson

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Me
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 09:49:55 AM »
Garrell it's been a couple of years... good to hear you are still with us...  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 03:43:42 PM »
Hi Garrell
 Its great knowing your back posting.   I remember you and your truck boy those were the days. Your one time experience at Maxton puts you I a special club there's so many of us who learned how to begin going fast while also learning how to break things at the Maxton mile great memories for sure. With  the move to Wilmington we all continued to enjoy the racing and the family style of the event.  Being part of the ECTA family sure was fun. Maybe you can go north to Maine to the LTA Loring race in the future many Maxton and Wilmington racers are still having fun at Loring.
   Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline gray63

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 08:43:34 AM »
Garrell,  Great to hear from you again.   We first met at Maxton and then again in Wilmington. My memory isn?t as good as it used to be, but I recall that you were one of the first vehicles to run at the first Wilmington meet.
Stay well and have a Happy New Year.
Dave Gray
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 07:15:54 AM by gray63 »

Offline garrell patterson

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 03:56:20 AM »
I in fact was the first vehicle to make a pass down the Ohio Mile. They held me for what seemed hours at the start line while local papers, HotRod Magazine, and local TV Stations took pictures and told what we were doing. It made me nervous as hell having to wait so long. Anyone that knew Al knows that he considered the starting line as his domain and unless you knew him really well you thought he did own the starting line along with the entire tract. I was sitting there trying to calm down where I could concentrate on what was at hand when Al walked up to my passenger door, opened it and leaned in and offered me some advice ?Don?t you go Fucking My Show Up,? that was really calming!!!
Glad to be back with y?all.
Garrell
garrell patterson