Author Topic: USFRA T&T  (Read 3544 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: USFRA T&T
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2023, 03:42:49 PM »
maybe a interesting question...for the end of July, the BUB streamliner team announced a private testing...did they thought to use the track done by the the USFRA for the T & T?????

there will be now no track......
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 06:16:21 AM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2023, 04:06:51 PM »
Wow ,didn't think of that :? I thought if T&T fell thru it would be a back-up plan but now............ :dhorse:

Offline DallasV

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2023, 04:43:40 PM »
maybe a interesting question...for the end of July, the BUB streamliner team announced a private testing...did they thought to use the track done by the the USFRA for the T & T?????

there will now no track......

Maybe with Speedweek being so early there will be some preliminary dragging done in the second half of July
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2023, 02:49:57 AM »
I was wondering even if we got enough entries to have the TnT if the salt would be dry enough to run on. I'm about 130 miles down wind from the salt & it's been consistently wet here & the forecast is rain for the next week. Spring came late & we're barely making 60 deg on a warm day. After last year's mess there should be a lot of race cars ready to go!
  Sid.

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2023, 02:02:17 PM »
Yeah Sid, that was another issue-as we know salt can look good from pictures but only boots on the ground tell the truth- I'm sure most of the old timers have stories to tell about that -but at least they had good salt to deal with ............. Fingers x'ed for August/Sept/Oct  :friday

Offline SpeedRacer93

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2023, 03:52:42 PM »

there will be now no track......

I think BUB canceled their private T&T based on a FB post.