Author Topic: Track conditions?  (Read 1167 times)

Offline gowing

Track conditions?
« on: August 09, 2023, 10:39:11 AM »
For the guys that are there now:
How's the salt?
slush? puddles? ruts?

Offline SpeedRacer93

Re: Track conditions?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 06:10:48 PM »
I am not on the salt but based on the people I have talked/text/emailed with, the course salt is still damp/sticking to tires but solid.  Some soft spots/pot holes but improving.  SCTA plan to drag the course overnight and move the course over a little and extend it a mile so starting at normal mile#1 instead of mile#2 like yesterday and today.   There still will be a 2 mile shutdown.   It is very soft after the 2 mile shutdown.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 06:53:43 PM »
Oughta slow the cars down if they go that far.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline BoredAndStroked

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 10:08:18 PM »
Are they only running on the short courses?   Do they have enough good surface conditions to run the long course?
Member of FlatCad Racing Team - 2011, 2012
Goal:  Have fun, make friends, be safe - learn as much as possible, contribute when I can and hopefully get in the books!

Offline drc42

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 08:20:12 AM »
Are they only running on the short courses?   Do they have enough good surface conditions to run the long course?

From what I hear there is only 1 course this year.

Offline SpeedRacer93

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 08:48:42 AM »

They are only running one 3 mile course.  Winds shifted Monday night and blew water onto the pit area and course #1.  Both were drying and in good condition.   Course #2 was wet the first two miles so they moved up the start up to mile marker #2.

BTW the area had rain overnight but no word yet on salt conditions this morning.   People should be getting onto the salt just about now.

Offline bob

• Sierraville, CA
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 10:39:39 AM »
got there tues.  was a 45 minute drive from lands end to the pit area , 3-6 inches of water , little white islands. the pit area couple inches of water , little white islands . goopy - slushy - was solid underneath . last I saw they were running to the 3 mile , # 2 course . no real fast stuff , lots of rookie qualifying , minimal entrants . never took my liner off the trailer , basicaly went to get tech done as I did an engine change . had a great time in tech , six guys crawling all over it , a mega 2 1/2 hour  BS session ,as they didnt have much else to do . when I left Thursday water was going away quickly . 

Offline gowing

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 11:11:52 AM »
Camera is showing tire tracks.  Salt must be pretty moist right now.