Author Topic: WOW!  (Read 1814 times)

Offline genghis

• New folks
  • Reed Holly
WOW!
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:58:17 PM »
A few months ago, I ran across some Bonneville videos on youtube and knew I had to see some races in person.  My schedule is always full during the summer, and the World Finals was the first chance I would have.  The wife and I started planning a sight seeing vacation through Wyoming and Colorado with a two day layover in Wendover.  I spent the next several months watching the weather and hoping the Finals would be a go.

When I first stepped out onto the salt, I flashed back to when I was 9.  The Blue Flame was the king.  My partners-in-crime and I would spend most of our 4th grade year designing our own rocket cars, and debating the finer aspects of aeordymanics and engine design.  It's funny, but I hadn't thought about that for over 30 years.

I would like to thank the coordinators, staff, and participants for what is obviously a labor of love.  It may be a few years, but I will be back to the salt.  And next time I'm bringing my own bike.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: WOW!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:15:39 AM »
Sounds like another case of SF---"Salt Fever"  Mine came out of remision in'99
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Papi

Re: WOW!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 01:58:38 AM »
And next time I'm bringing my own bike.

Awesome. Just do it!
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club