Author Topic: Brett de Stoop, the New contender?  (Read 67251 times)

Offline sabat

Re: Brett de Stoop, the New contender?
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2010, 09:23:56 AM »
+3 great pics  :cheers:

Offline bak189

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2010, 10:59:24 AM »
Outstanding pics.........many thanks for posting them....................................................................
Question authority.....always

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2010, 01:06:30 PM »
Just found this thread, as a huge fan of the Water Bottle this is absolutley amazing. It looks like the tach is set at nine grand, YIKES! As so many have already said here this gentleman truely embodies the spirt of land speed racing, good luck !!!!!!!

Offline Hot Pink...Riderrrr

• New folks
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 09:20:54 AM »
Had a look at the pictures.... NICE really NICE....
Blue is my colour!!!   :wink:
Smoking!!! 232MPH  :-o on a old school, hand made bike...  :mrgreen: Crazzzzy.... Totally dig it.. 
So is this guys single or what??
 :cheers:

Offline k.h.

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 02:17:59 PM »
The meaning of life is not going to be found on a piece of paper written by someone else and hidden under a rock.  We only find it by giving meaning to life from inside ourselves.

Great story.  Great photos.  And a real decent accomplishment.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »
Smoking!!! 232MPH  :-o on a old school, hand made bike...  :mrgreen: Crazzzzy.... Totally dig it.. 

What do you think this is, a dating service :evil:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 03:38:27 PM »
I don't know.  I heard some fast women hung around here.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »

I'm flying up to see Brett in a few days for the purposes of writing a story....all I can say is it's gonna be funny seeing his reaction when I tell him about this post...I might have to take the taser. :roll:

When I spoke to a mate who'd been on the phone to him he said that Brett was currently setting up the molds to cast some new carbies.....yes, you heard that right..... setting up the molds to cast some new CARBURETORS....

Somewhere far away in back yard shed in a galaxy on the western edge of Sydney ...................
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
His tripple carbs beat my pair of weights :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline KillaRR

• New folks
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2010, 08:28:13 AM »
Gday landracers this is my first post.This Brett Destoop is a funky mother f***er he has single handedly brought back the 1970's. 232mph on a 40 odd year old bike that had top speed of 104mph and 14.1sec quarter mile according to cycle world 1973 test on GT 750 J using nothing but crap lying round the shed is totally hilarious.I am sure you would all love this guy and his shed,there is even a couple of my bikes laying around there that brett nicked the wheels off my RGV to put on his waterbottle salt flat racer.
check out http://www.bikeexif.com/speedweek   

oh also this guy is single girls lol

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2010, 02:32:14 PM »
So, KillaRR -- where are you?  We can sorta assume you're in the Aussie part of the world -- but please tell us so we know more about you.  When you registered for the Forum you were offered a personal items page -- and we like knowing as much as we can about the folks on the Forum -- so please consider letting us know where you are, maybe how old you are, and even (gasp) a real name.  My posts are listed as from Seldom Seen Slim -- but my full "real" name is given, too.

Whatever you decide to do -- welcome to the Forum.  Did Brett give your wheels back to you?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline KillaRR

• New folks
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2010, 03:36:11 AM »
So, KillaRR -- where are you?  We can sorta assume you're in the Aussie part of the world -- but please tell us so we know more about you.  When you registered for the Forum you were offered a personal items page -- and we like knowing as much as we can about the folks on the Forum -- so please consider letting us know where you are, maybe how old you are, and even (gasp) a real name.  My posts are listed as from Seldom Seen Slim -- but my full "real" name is given, too.

Whatever you decide to do -- welcome to the Forum.  Did Brett give your wheels back to you?
im in sydney near brett,im his best mate,and one of two of his friends who get to listen to brett chat to us for hours on a regular basis about,saltflat racing,2 strokes,aero dynamics,reed valves,casting barrels,the list goes on and on.
oh and the wheels he used i just found out are back on my little RGV and he has some other wheels on the waterbottle now.
I keep some of my bike stuff in his shed,although i dont race on saltflats,i am intersted in all motorsport and in engineering,and brett has the most complete knowledge and understanding of these topics out of anyone i have ever met.
Years ago i learnt to ride on bretts bikes and a long term addiction to riding developed,and i have a passion for stuntriding,which brett is amused at the culture behind and the desire to,wheelie ,burnout,and stoppie a motorcycle,and not try to ride at 230 MPH lol

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2010, 07:47:06 PM »
im in sydney near brett,im his best mate,and one of two of his friends who get to listen to brett chat to us for hours on a regular basis about,saltflat racing,2 strokes,aero dynamics,reed valves,casting barrels,the list goes on and on.
oh and the wheels he used i just found out are back on my little RGV and he has some other wheels on the waterbottle now.
I keep some of my bike stuff in his shed,although i dont race on saltflats,i am intersted in all motorsport and in engineering,and brett has the most complete knowledge and understanding of these topics out of anyone i have ever met.
Years ago i learnt to ride on bretts bikes and a long term addiction to riding developed,and i have a passion for stuntriding,which brett is amused at the culture behind and the desire to,wheelie ,burnout,and stoppie a motorcycle,and not try to ride at 230 MPH lol

Hey peoples ,Killa ain't exagerating, not a bit.Simon and I had a great time out there.there seems to be about 15 or so complete waterbottles there and who knows how many dismantled motors ....Brett is , as Killa says, in posession of a bewildering knowledge and understanding of the 2 stroke.....if we were talking about bicycles here most everyone would be putting streamers in the end of the handlebars and pegging pieces of cardboard in the spokes whereas Brettie is building a better bike....time after time I felt like I had been smashed in the head with information.....looking at his casting rig and hearing him talk about his consolidation of the process to streamline and improve the process was just plain astonishing..........good bloke too.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »
there is even a couple of my bikes laying around there

Was that your hibiscus pink Kettle on his dyno?........whoever it belonged to it was a time machine,looked brand new....back wheel could go a respoke though.

Offline Graham in Aus

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2010, 09:17:48 PM »
Pics! Pics!! Pics!!!  :-D :evil:

Or do I have to wait and buy a magazine!  :-P