Author Topic: Radio/Headset for Spectators  (Read 2171 times)

Offline bambrose

• New folks
Radio/Headset for Spectators
« on: August 03, 2021, 12:35:39 PM »
Guys, apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I swear I searched!  It's my first year out.

I was thinking there must be a radio channel with official announcements, times, etc. considering the vastness of the salt and spectator area.    I understand Ron and Slim do this (thank you guys!).

Is this FM, a handheld radio channel, etc.?  I want to make sure I have the right gear to tune in all week.
Any recommendations on headset/gear that is mobile so I can walk around and listen in in the pits?

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:43:18 PM by bambrose »

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
Re: Radio/Headset for Spectators
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 12:50:31 PM »
It is a FM station.  I use a mini retro Sony handheld radio to listen to them.
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline bambrose

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 12:57:32 PM »
It is a FM station.  I use a mini retro Sony handheld radio to listen to them.

Perfect, thank you for the quick answer!  I'll look at one on Amazon, looks like they aren't too expensive and have headphone jacks as well.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 04:38:26 PM »
There's also a CB Channel that you can tune in to.  It's not constructed to be user friendly, but it's the official channel that's used to describe what's going on -- and to react to it.  Usually Channel 1 switching to 10 when there's a problem.  You're not invited to participate unless you have some serious business.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline handyguy

• BANTAM FOURPLAY
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 08:16:13 PM »
  Look me up in inspect.  Thurs., Fri., Sat... I can show you whats happening  !!   STEVE Anderson

Offline bambrose

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 09:42:43 AM »
  Look me up in inspect.  Thurs., Fri., Sat... I can show you whats happening  !!   STEVE Anderson

I'll be on the lookout Steve!  Excited to meet everyone.

There's also a CB Channel that you can tune in to.  It's not constructed to be user friendly, but it's the official channel that's used to describe what's going on -- and to react to it.  Usually Channel 1 switching to 10 when there's a problem.  You're not invited to participate unless you have some serious business.

I appreciate the info Jim.  Makes sense to have a safety/tech channel isolated.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 10:07:58 PM »
Bonneville is the friendliest race venue on the planet, don't be afraid to wander into somebody's pit & crack a conversation.
  Sid.