Author Topic: Bonneville Salt Flat Reality Show...  (Read 42090 times)

Offline Tman

Re: Bonneville Salt Flat Reality Show...
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2013, 12:22:51 AM »
Huge fail Spencer, you suck.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2013, 04:26:02 AM »
One thing we know about Trent is that he gets straight to the point.  :cheers:

gkabbt

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2013, 05:08:53 AM »
yes yes yes---Miss E  with the big case of Bs   :cheers:

My local Sheetz C-Store has a promotion going on right now for wraps and the sign says "Grab a pair"!
In the case of Miss E, I would grab a pair!!!!!   :-o  :roll:   :-D  :mrgreen:  :cheers:

Gregg

Offline Tman

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2013, 10:56:31 AM »
One thing we know about Trent is that he gets straight to the point.  :cheers:

Usually yes, but that one was written after being snowed in for over two days with nothing but veggies and beer so I was much more harsh.  :-D

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2013, 11:00:18 AM »
One thing we know about Trent is that he gets straight to the point.  :cheers:

Usually yes, but that one was written after being snowed in for over two days with nothing but veggies and beer so I was much more harsh.  :-D

Why so miserable? You got the moisture you've been looking for.  :evil: :evil: :-D

Life's a just series of compromises.  :oops:

Pete
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:01:54 AM by Peter Jack »

Offline Tman

« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
One thing we know about Trent is that he gets straight to the point.  :cheers:

Usually yes, but that one was written after being snowed in for over two days with nothing but veggies and beer so I was much more harsh.  :-D

Why so miserable? You got the moisture you've been looking for.  :evil: :evil: :-D

Life's a just series of compromises.  :oops:

Pete

We didn't need all that moisture at once!!!!!!!!!! I chained the truck up 3 times yesterday and got stuck once and broke 3 roll pins in the snow blower!!!! :oops:

Offline scwillard

• New folks
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2013, 11:07:18 AM »
Huge fail Spencer, you suck.

One thing I have learned in life, is that it is better to have tried and failed that to never tried at all and wonder "What if" for the rest of my life. So I dipped my toe into the land speed world here, and it would seem that I have had it run over, again and again and again. That's cool. I can take my lumps, especially when deserved. I am still progressing with this project.

We did in fact interview both Bo and Jim Burkdoll. They talked about that particular crash. It was an intense emotional moment that came across beautifully on film. It's a pity that these interviews did not make it on the final cut here. It's my fault for not reviewing the final cut prior to the funding campaign. So it's my fault. That's fine. In this case, it didn't cost loss of limb nor life. I can live with that mistake.

I do think it would be a huge disservice to all of you that are building your projects to race on the salt if I just folded shop with the first time I had a set back. I suspect that most of you have overcome worse problems than this to make it to the salt. If I simply abandon my dream here with the first hiccup what good would I be to telling stories? So my options are clear, fold or go forward learning from the experience and take my consequences as they come, and become a better person for it. I will choose the latter.

Spencer
WEEINC
Willard Entertainment Enterprises INC

Offline dw230

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »
What happened to the idea of getting input for the project from the experienced salt veterans and then leading with a crash sequence?

Epic fail,

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline salt27

« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2013, 11:23:05 AM »
Spencer,
See reply #92.

Now go for it.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2013, 12:02:09 PM »
Spencer,
See reply #92.

Now go for it.

here's to someone taking the bait (of the original clip) and you being able to SET the hook HARD ---with Jim and Bo's footage !!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2013, 12:34:06 PM »
We finally got our fundraising website and campaign at kickstarter up and running. We are going to need your help to get our test footage to our agent. Please send this link to everyone you know to help make this show a success. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1199564569/salt-flat-racers-a-new-television-concept

Thank you for everything,
Spencer Willard

Spencer,

I have a question about this sequenz with Bo's pencil roll's...I was a witness of this accident...and I knew who done the Video of this roll.....did you ask him for permission?????????????????
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2013, 01:57:44 AM »
It likely came directly from Bo.
  Sid.

Offline scwillard

• New folks
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2013, 02:15:05 AM »
Bo indeed did give us a copy of a DVD with the incident on it. After talking it over with my partners, we will be re-editing the video soon. Now that we have the film of several interviews I think we can get a much better presentation.
WEEINC
Willard Entertainment Enterprises INC

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »
This thread is the epitome of land speed racers. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

Ya'll need to get over yourselves. The guy stumbled. From the get go you were looking for failure...you found it.

You want to know why everyone involved in land speed racing is old? Because you run any youth and exuberance off as fast as you can. It's sad.

Good on ya' Spencer! Keep with it! You got the message loud and clear.

Ride fast, safety last.

https://speedofcheeseracing.com/

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
Makr, you will find the folks on this site are protective of our sport, no one wants it represented in a bad light. 
The housewives of Bonneville is a reality show that no one wants... the words reality show leads folks to think of created drama to entertain the masses that have no lives. 
Spencer said that was not his plan, and most of us were willing to support his plan.  The first video left little to be desired... nothing but a crash scene....
I personally hope he succeeds with the show he said he wanted to make.  No one on this site set him up to fail.  Yes he stumbled and we called him on it.... but we told him how to recover, see reply 92.

And the reason most of us are old is because we started doing this when we were young.  Come to the races sometime, you will notice there are a lot you kids your age and younger participating.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O