Author Topic: Bonneville Salt Flat Reality Show...  (Read 42243 times)

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Bonneville Salt Flat Reality Show...
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2013, 11:04:45 PM »
Well said Stainless.  :cheers:
  Sid.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2013, 11:17:42 PM »
You want to know why everyone involved in land speed racing is old? Because you run any youth and exuberance off as fast as you can. It's sad.

I've never seen anyone "run off" from here.  Someone who comes up with a cockamamie idea will be told so.  When the Worlds Fastest Indian came out the motorcycle forums I visit were ablaze with people who wanted to build replicas.  When you told them you can't do that anymore you get the reply "Why not?  Its my ass if I want to risk it!'.  Then you tell them its the SCTA's field and ball.  You want to play you play by their rules and the go off in a huff.

I too, will wish scwillard the best of luck but the trailer would be a better trailer for NASCAR than LSR.  It reminded me of that Bonneville "documentary" a few years ago where the catchphrase seemed to be "Go fast or go home in a body bag".   I don't know of anybody who goes to Bonneville to see crashes.  We go to race and the SCTA tries to see we do it safely.

As has been said come on out and see what happens.  There is plenty of youth along with some old farts.  You might be surprised.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Tman

« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2013, 11:25:01 PM »
This thread is the epitome of land speed racers. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

Ya'll need to get over yourselves. The guy stumbled. From the get go you were looking for failure...you found it.

You want to know why everyone involved in land speed racing is old? Because you run any youth and exuberance off as fast as you can. It's sad.

Good on ya' Spencer! Keep with it! You got the message loud and clear.

Old!? I am 43 OLD MAN!!!!!!!!! :-D And yes, we are protective of charlatans trying to turn what we love into another "reality" show/circus. manyu of us have been on the inside on the hot rod/harley thing these last dozen years ago to know how warped and farked up the so-called producers portrayed the custom world to the Procreators of the Honey Boo boo generation.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2013, 01:15:01 AM »

we are not old......we are getting old at the salt in pride.......see my Avatar.......I was first time out at the salt in 1982.....how old I was.....

in all this years I was behind the (picture) camera....in 2002 we had a sad incident....and I done the picture at the place......the only Group ever saw this picture
was the SCTA/BNI for investigation......

Since 1996 I'm a writer and photographer for the Speed Record Club......in all this years was NEVER a picture of an accident in my articles......NEVER.....NO negative advertisment...

Especially in Motorsport the people like to see crashes.....but if there is a crash at the salt the published news is in a sensational negative manner.......

we don't like it, we don't need it and it has not be created by purpose.....we love our Sport and we protect our Sport......

and about Reality Show....I was involved in one of a German TV channel......to today I cannot believe this experience....it is shocking how they produce so Shows.......humans didn't count....just the number of Viewer and the Profite.........

Reality Shows......yes....if they show the reality......sweat, hard work, fairness and "sometimes" the earned success......go for it.......create a love declaration (sorry, sure there is better translation for)

....and we all will be happy.......
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
Makr, you will find the folks on this site are protective of our sport, no one wants it represented in a bad light. 
The housewives of Bonneville is a reality show that no one wants... the words reality show leads folks to think of created drama to entertain the masses that have no lives. 
Spencer said that was not his plan, and most of us were willing to support his plan.  The first video left little to be desired... nothing but a crash scene....
I personally hope he succeeds with the show he said he wanted to make.  No one on this site set him up to fail.  Yes he stumbled and we called him on it.... but we told him how to recover, see reply 92.

And the reason most of us are old is because we started doing this when we were young.  Come to the races sometime, you will notice there are a lot you kids your age and younger participating.

I didnt say that you set him up for failure. I said you were looking for it. Big difference. Look back through this thread with an open mind.

I hope he takes your advice.

I may have been out there a time or two.

Ride fast, safety last.

https://speedofcheeseracing.com/

Offline scwillard

• New folks
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2013, 01:18:35 PM »
"When you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will" - Pollyanna (1960)
WEEINC
Willard Entertainment Enterprises INC

Offline Tman

« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2013, 09:55:57 PM »
"When you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will" - Pollyanna (1960)

We are not looking for the bad, only the good in your work. We all have high aspirations for your final product. I hope some of our comments lit a fire under your a.s.s.

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »
    I think it needs to convey the land speed family and less on the conflict and drama. This Family has been growing for many years and has continued to stick together through all of the other things. That is the portrait I think we all would like to see you bring out. See you on the Salt.
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »
    I think it needs to convey the land speed family and less on the conflict and drama. This Family has been growing for many years and has continued to stick together through all of the other things. That is the portrait I think we all would like to see you bring out. See you on the Salt.
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Doug,

you be right.

The reason why I'm today in the record book and own a Red Hat, is.....that over the years I became a part of the land speed family.....and this family create something which I call the Bonneville Spirit

Pork Pie
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2013, 01:13:20 PM »
Pork Pie,
Well said my brother :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline JonAmo

« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »
I must say that was probably the worst proposition I have ever seen. Sorry just poor taste. You guys obviously do not understand the history, the friendships, the passion that we have for our sport. We promote safety as number one, what you have shown was something we try to prevent. By airing that you propose that you are bringing more of that type of footage, and in reality Bonneville is one of the safest motor sports around. I wish that on nobody in our sport. How about airing what the sport is about safe, fast, fun racing with ingenuity that people have when they build their machines.  Additionally, in your video, you are the first person I have ever heard say "ground speed record" which tells me you have not done research or tried to understand the culture of the sport. Have you ever picked up one book about Land Speed Racing and tried to understand?

What else can you bring to the table? The initial idea starting with video up to 10 seconds in is great, after 10 seconds needs rework.

Respectfully,
JonAmo

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2013, 12:30:44 AM »
I agree Jon. This was the worst. You just don't get it. Supposing you guys make it out there with your cameras,  please stay away from our pit.
$2100 really? You guys can't come up with $2100 between the three of you for a sure fire business venture like this.
Ground Speed Racing?
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2013, 12:55:08 AM »

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised" - George Will
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2013, 05:35:43 AM »
"A realist is a optimist with experience" - Pork Pie
Pork Pie

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2013, 06:52:35 AM »
 :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!