Author Topic: fire Suits - we be screwed!  (Read 20867 times)

Offline John Nimphius

Re: fire Suits - we be screwed!
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2007, 04:04:38 PM »
Carl

It appears that you have now added me to Jack and Glen as people you have a problem with, that gets us up to three at least.  However, an accurate recount of all you have offended and verbally abused here would show that number to be far higher.  I do read everything on this site, but if you can't take my very specific advice and go someplace else where you might be more welcolme at least take your own advice and try not reading those things you don't agree with.

John Nimphius

Offline pookie

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2007, 04:48:23 PM »
Hey Nimphius, WHO appointed you the sergeant-of -arms for this web site. I think you are out of line inviting anyone to leave this web site. This is Amo's web site, he calls the shots not you. Johannson laid out the reasons he does things , they were crystal clear to me. I doubt that Dolan or Barrett need you as a spokesman or body guard . Why am I getting in to it? I don't like it when certain people on this web site or the e-mail site , start ganging up on one guy because they don't agree with him. By the way, I have never met a racer who didn't try to get the BEST PRICE on any thing!! I ran my first race at Lions Drag strip in 1955, and have been at it ever since.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2007, 05:14:39 PM »
I don't think I need anyone to defend me. The roll cage issue was suggested by Jack for Autpower, I suggested someone else and they didn't have a picture for him to look at. He had issues with the Autopower cage and went some other direction. I never made any statement on the fire suit or who to buy one from. The whole roll cage issue can be read on the forum as well as this fire suit issue. As far as the roll cage I told him to assure it complies with SCTA rules. Thanks Pookie for your input. I think it's time to put this issue to bed. My last input to it is now.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2007, 05:16:53 PM »
A group of like minded people is not a gang, and I don't need one either.
If others wish to express their opinions, well there you are.
If statistics are any measure, Carl is more than 100X likely to get in a huff and lash out. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2007, 07:39:10 PM »
Carl

It appears that you have now added me to Jack and Glen as people you have a problem with, that gets us up to three at least.  However, an accurate recount of all you have offended and verbally abused here would show that number to be far higher.  I do read everything on this site, but if you can't take my very specific advice and go someplace else where you might be more welcolme at least take your own advice and try not reading those things you don't agree with.

John Nimphius
Well if disagreeing with your generalization constitutes having a problem with you -  I suppose by that definition you are right.  If you want to count the number of people "verbally abused and offended here"  I would respectfully request that you include Jack in your analysis!

Lets do a very quick readers digest version of what has gone on here - as I suspect some are getting lost.
1. I come looking for info on rollcages -  get many suggestions take them all into account -  and chose to go with the guy with the most experience. 
Jack goes apoplectic because I did not listen to him and choose his buddies company.

2. I ask for help on the interpretation on the electrical cutoff  switch - I am very specific - I am looking for interpretation of the rule .  Jack Immediately castigates me -  turns out Jack didn't know the rule -  and I did -  but that didn't stop his onslaught of "you don't listen to me -  so you are an idiot" attacks. - 

3. I come here looking for sources for a reasonably priced fire suit - after it becomes clear I am getting jacked around by a supplier.  Several members here offer great suggestions and sources -  jack suggests deist -  others suggest other places.  I call every company and lead suggested -  and thanks to members of the forum end up with a great suit at a great price -  Jack again goes ballistic on me because I didn't follow his "advise".  When I point out his "advise" would have cost me an extra 700 bucks -  he launches into attack mode again.

I have come to this forum many times seeking advise on just about everything -  from tires and rims, to window tabs, to roof rails, to aerodynamics, to rules interpretations,  to a myriad of other issues and problems.  In almost every case members of the forum have been incredibly helpful and patient in answering my questions and giving me advise.  In every case I have used that advise to successfully solve a problem or an issue.  unfortunately -  If Jack suggests something -  and I choose not to follow HIS advise (past performance is an indicator of future performance!) he immediately launches into the "You don't listen to me -  so you are an idiot"  attacks.

I am incredibly grateful for all the help and information I have received from various members of this forum -  I just don't see why I have to be subjected to abuse heaped onto me for following someone elses advise -  as opposed to worshipping at the feet of the almighty all powerful Jack!

I am not alone in this persecution -  Jack has lots of other favorite targets -  they just aren't willing to waste the time pointing out the obvious issues associated with Jack and his MO.

BTW - seeing as how I started these threads -  I think it would be good form for me to actually read the responses -  how else would I get the help I need!

Carl Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2007, 09:30:36 PM »
Carl,

I too have gained invaluable information from this Website. Some ideas and suggestions I have incorporated. Some I have not, but I have never taken offense at anyone offering their opinion (something about the First Ammendment right). Sometimes people get way off topic (hey you were inquiring about Fire Suits right?) and offer no help at all, but it's their 2 cents.

I try to always remain positive and not get into any negative stuff as it really doesn't do anybody any good. At times it's hard but I just change to another subject or sign off the computer.

May I suggest that you just don't respond when Jack puts in the needle.

Tom

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »
Amen............."thin skin makes a poor saddle"..(me) :wink:
Bob Drury

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2007, 10:03:26 PM »
BTW Carl,

I forgot to mention that I'm very glad that you got a good "suit" @ a GOOD price, and in time!

That's what this topic was about, ......... and it worked for you!

Tom