Author Topic: ISKY was assaulted  (Read 559 times)

Offline aircap

"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline 71GSSDemon

Re: ISKY was assaulted
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 07:19:15 AM »
That's terrible but thanks for sharing.  Glad his is ok and what a trooper.  Just continued on his day.   What the hell is wrong with people?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 08:06:34 AM by 71GSSDemon »

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 08:00:27 AM »
Isky OK! TERRIFIC!
I still remember how he publicized the 5-cycle Isky cam with an advertising blitz in Drag News when Don Garlits turned 176.40mph in 8.79 seconds. I had the Isky 5-cycle t-shirts, proudly worn when crewing for Don Garlits on the road back then with the Swamp Rat. Maybe nitromethane fumes were a secret formula for longevity?
The road is long - Life is short - Drive fast

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 12:12:12 PM »
One time at Bonneville Speed Week about 15 years ago, I was wandering around the pits, looked over and there was Ed Iskenderian! Tough guy!
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline jl222

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 04:43:48 PM »
One time at Bonneville Speed Week about 15 years ago, I was wandering around the pits, looked over and there was Ed Iskenderian! Tough guy!

Probably the same year he stopped by our 222 Camaro and said ''why aren't more cars built like this?'

I think he liked the Pro Stock look and the wide tires. :-D

JL222

Offline datadoc

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 06:38:57 PM »
   I think Jack Lufkin used to drive him to the salt. I don't remember which one didn't like to fly. I was amazed by Isky's memory. A few years back Isky autographed his book for me and wrote, he still had questions about my no butterfly slant 6. I ran that engine in the late 60's

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 07:17:34 PM »
I've never met him, but have followed him from the 50s.  I went by the shop 20 or 30 years ago to pick up something a friend had that he'd ordered.  Isky wasn't there.  Discouraged, I wanted to get a couple of his "Isky Dream Wheels" that he gave away every SpeedWeek (I spell it that way so it is unique).  Nobody could find one.  I think that he championed the best tool to have with you while bench racing.  Hope some of you have one.  Following the headlines, I glad he's still invincible.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 11:39:09 AM by Stan Back »
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Online tallguy

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 02:36:54 AM »
That's terrible but thanks for sharing.  Glad his is ok and what a trooper.  Just continued on his day.   What the hell is wrong with people?

The problematic ones typically weren't raised properly by their parents.  I suspect that before humanity becomes totally
extinct, some humans are going to take justice into their own hands, in an effort to keep the species alive.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 07:43:45 PM »

The problematic ones typically weren't raised properly by their parents.  I suspect that before humanity becomes totally
extinct, some humans are going to take justice into their own hands, in an effort to keep the species alive.
Charles Bronson in the original "Death Wish" comes to mind. :roll:
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ