Author Topic: Speed Week pics  (Read 12085 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Speed Week pics
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 06:28:28 PM »
Tom --

Do you mean 1934?

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline desotoman

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 07:05:22 PM »
Stan,

The car I am refering to was driven by Shaen Magan, car #7934 is what is posted in the results.

Thanks,
Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 11:53:11 PM »
I uploaded another 90 photos tonight to here.  http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w244/norvirginia/public%20bonneville/

These are at 640x480  - If anyone wants a full size photo let me know and I will email it.  They are large - around 16MB each
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »
Tom --

That roadster has been entered before under the number 1934 at El Mirage.  It's the bright yellow, sleek '34 that's ran at Elmer the last couple of years.  It was built by the former E/ and E/BSTR record-holder whose name escapes me.  Perhaps the 1 was modified into a 7 for class changes or duplication with another car.  I think you can find it under 1934 in Elmer pictures.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline desotoman

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 05:18:11 PM »
Stan,

You are correct. After looking over the results, they apparently entered it as car #1934 for D/STR. They then re entered it as car #7934 for E/STR, in which they set the record at 198.660.

Thanks for the help,
Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »
Yeah -- and that was on the short course!

Offline a-zonie

• New folks
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 11:41:10 PM »
I uploaded another 90 photos tonight to here.  http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w244/norvirginia/public%20bonneville/

These are at 640x480  - If anyone wants a full size photo let me know and I will email it.  They are large - around 16MB each

Thanks the link. I was looking for pics of the record setting V4 and V4F powered cars. You album contains quite a few of them.
They were built to be driven!

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 12:40:00 AM »

198.660 E/STR on the short course?  Nice job. Vince
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 06:55:50 AM »
At first, to all my bad luck I can say I had a fantastic Speedweek and I meet again so much great people who share my needs for speed.

To my camera.....here the story before someone got the idea that I done a new Olympic sport out of them - throwing cameras away...... :wink:

On thursday I was down on the six mile marker to make some photo shooting  (parachute) - had my camera so as all the years on the hood with a towel between. Ron from the SCTA was coming along the way - I walked over to him - in this moment the wind catched the towel with the camera inside and slide them down from the hood.
The camera hit the ground - body, two time converter and the big lense is gone - hope that I can get it repaired - otherwise the replace will cost me 8000 dollars.

Very bad luck - but I can share it with other at the salt - like Scott Guthrie - his best bike was complete destroyed when Jason went down by 240 - I can't say how happy I was when I heard that Jason walked away and only need some pants after they cut his leather off.

Jason, the best recovering from my side, hope to see you at the World of Speed or World Final.

And a big big thank you to Scott & Ellen Guthrie and Cliff Gullett, who gave me a wonderful support after they heard from my bad luck with the camera.

But, Scott, your bad luck is bigger than my one, what a bommer to see this great bike destroyed.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 07:48:49 AM »
Gee Porkpie, sorry to hear about the damage to your gear. If I had heard about it while I was there I had a bunch of spare camera gear I could have loaned you for the rest of the event. Hope it is repairable!

Larry

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 04:49:32 PM »
Porkpie so sorry about your loss.  No one is more dedicated to LSR than you and the sport owes you a lot,

Sum

Offline aircap

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 12:14:20 AM »
Oh, PorkPie - that sucks about your lenses! I've been there, buddy - and it's no fun at all. Repairing & replacing is even less fun.

I hope it goes better for you next time on the salt.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 12:23:35 AM »
Does any one have a pict of my car---2211---thanks wmts
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 02:49:47 PM »
Does any one have a pict of my car---2211---thanks wmts

Sparky, what you need? and when?
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline jl222

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 09:51:06 PM »
Tom --

That roadster has been entered before under the number 1934 at El Mirage.  It's the bright yellow, sleek '34 that's ran at Elmer the last couple of years.  It was built by the former E/ and E/BSTR record-holder whose name escapes me.  Perhaps the 1 was modified into a 7 for class changes or duplication with another car.  I think you can find it under 1934 in Elmer pictures.

Stan

The 1934 roadster was built by Don Grouleff

JL222