Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Aerodynamics / Educate Me On Hood Scoops
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on May 13, 2024, 04:35:20 PM »
So, I was looking into hood scoops for my Charger build. Currently running a 383ci NA.   Rules say 11" high, can start at the leading edge of my hood at stop short of the windshield (distance depends on whether it is forward facing scoop (1/2") or rear facing (2"))).  If a cowl induction style scoop would be used, rule state it has to be completely open at the back.  This is a tremendous amount of air getting forced into the engine compartment.  The engine alone would not likely consume all of the air at speed and bunch up, causing high drag.  For a forward facing scoop it doesn't mention inlet size.  It seems to me, an 11" tall, hybrid cowl style scoop with a forward facing inlet, sealed to the intake pan, would be the best of all styles, seeing that I can then size the inlet and be within 1/2" of the windshield.... yes?
Build Diaries / Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Last post by Rex Schimmer on May 13, 2024, 01:21:40 PM »
John,
Glad a problem turned out to be a plus. It is amazing these damn race cars, you just can't look at them enough!
Good luck at Elmo!!!

Rex
Bonneville General Chat / Re: The camera on the salt flats
« Last post by aircap on May 13, 2024, 12:36:39 AM »
There are a LOT of new tracks on the salt.
Build Diaries / Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Last post by jl222 on May 12, 2024, 11:12:31 PM »

Always somethim, but in this case a good thang, warming the engine to set valves last week notice water in #6 and 7 headers

We think because a water shutoff valve was off [ we almost never shut it off]  on 1st startup no water was getting to block and temp gauge was reading low because of no water :oops:

So heads off, looking at gasket, what's that water mark on gasket from head ?
New gaskets didn't have a water hole between #3 & 5 & 4 & 6
Drilled new holes and used red silicone that we usually use,.

ALSO found a 4 in ripped silicone sleeve on boost pipe at super charger.

So in the long run the water leaks turned out good

Camaro in trailer truck loaded and heading to El Mirage Thursday.

JL222

Water/Methanol Injection / Re: No questions here for years!
« Last post by Gman on May 12, 2024, 10:25:28 PM »
He just likes to hear himself talk.  Never actually done anything in landspeed as far as I can tell. 
Water/Methanol Injection / Re: No questions here for years!
« Last post by kiwi belly tank on May 12, 2024, 06:18:52 PM »
You seem to comment on threads that have long run their course like this one that's more than two years old. It might be worthwhile checking the date of the last post.
  Sid.
Bville Motorcycle Speed Trials General Chat / Re: BMST 2024 ?
« Last post by Stainless1 on May 12, 2024, 12:45:57 PM »
Tall,  can guarentee if you don't go and any of the very few 300MPH bikes are there and go fast you won't see it  :?
Bonneville General Chat / Re: The camera on the salt flats
« Last post by TrickyDicky on May 12, 2024, 06:57:32 AM »
More activity yesterday.

Some tyre/tire tracks appeared shortly before this and quite a few more just afterwards.
Bville Motorcycle Speed Trials General Chat / Re: BMST 2024 ?
« Last post by tallguy on May 12, 2024, 02:41:50 AM »
I'm considering attending this year as a spectator . . . if any 300+ mph bikes will be running.

If there are any teams expecting to exceed 300 mph at this meet, I'd love to know about this in advance, so I can
plan my trip.  Thank you in advance.
Items Wanted / Re: 15 Inch Moon disc
« Last post by 29Sleeper on May 11, 2024, 04:47:54 PM »
I grabbed several of them at an estate sale a few months ago. I haven't sorted them out. Where you at? I'll be at the Antique Nationals in a couple weeks.
https://www.foureverfour.com/events/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10