Author Topic: Target 550 to be at the Test and Tune  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Target 550 to be at the Test and Tune
« on: April 22, 2022, 04:34:15 PM »
I saw this just now and will take the liberty to post it before I get my copy from Marlo.

Racing update from Marlo owner of the Target 550 Streamliner. 

This is the best news we have had in 26 months and I have to share it.
USFRA are planning a test session July 7-10 2022.
YES, we will be there. It goes without saying that currently the Bonneville Salt Flats is currently the only place on earth we can run.
Since it's close to 3 years since the car has sat on salt surface there are some considerations.  We have been examining the
car one piece at a time as the storage and voyage has been somewhat unkind to some of the parts.  But, for the most
part it is just a good inspection and cleanup.  No one would take a vehicle of this nature out without going over all of the details that insure a safe ride for the driver Valerie Thompson Racing.
This is a great opportunity for the crew to get some hands on and the driver to get some seat time.  With Speed Week only
3 weeks beyond the test session it will be a challenge for the crew to get up to speed.   
It is exciting to think about the road trip and being in Wendover again. Time spent in Wendover and at the Salt Flats is NOT
deducted from your life span. Your life is in Neutral when you are in that town.
That is all from the trenches.
Marlo
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Re: Target 550 to be at the Test and Tune
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 09:36:27 PM »
Be worth the road trip just to see that piece of work. :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 08:23:13 PM »
This is great news!  Marlo's certainly paid his dues and I wish him the very best!

(Maybe I can slip away and see it myself -- or even help.  I wipe good.)

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 10:44:03 PM »
It is a sight to behold. Followed the build for a few years after I met Freud. I was lucky to make it to Jim Hume's house and see it, also on the salt once. Wish I could be there and see it making a fast pass.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 08:24:37 PM »
  Jim's biggest bitch was that His shop is about 50 feet long and Marlo's car is about 42 feet long so He needed two sets of tools...one set for each side.  (I am a man who owns around 30 tape measures and never can find one.)
                                                                                  "One Run", out..............................................
Bob Drury

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 09:45:48 PM »
Marlo and I agreed to put her in my roadster a few years ago just to give her some time in a car.  Later I decided to not even take the car off the trailer as driving on top of soup was not something either of us wanted.

(Plus I was avoiding his pit with the Wicked Witch of the Salt was visiting.  I was not in the mood for her straightening me and the rest of the world out.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 11:20:20 PM »
One Run... you're still alive... I'm impressed.... are ya thinking of returning to the salt?  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O