Author Topic: Bonneville bound  (Read 3097 times)

landracing

Bonneville bound
« on: August 12, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »
Just left for Bonneville - past exit 265 - and updating on the road.  Will keep you all updated on our progress at the Salt.  If you want to see any pictures along the way, let us know.  http://www.landracing.com will be updating several times during the day - hopefully giving a morning, afternoon, and evening update.  Make sure you let me know if you guys want pictures of anything while I am out there.  Salt conditions reported hard and smooth.  Should be a good event.  Will be meeting up with Joe A in a couple of hours.  If you want specific updates on a friend or family member, please post your request to the message board.  I prefer that over email.  This wireless card is working fine on road.  I put my shirt on inside-out this morning.  My wife's making fun of me with my tag hanging out.

- Jonathan

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Bonneville bound
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »
I guess she is not up to speed with the guy deal of making a shirt last twice as long at the races.
 8 pairs of 3 day old socks in the same room with the feet still in them will soon cure that.
 GOOD LUCK
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline naked

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »
Thanks Jon, If you could let us know how the ECTA guys and gals are doing. I would like to thank you and your brother for the entrance fee at speed week last year. The 100$ savings was most appreciative. I dont know how you do it, race and update this site daily. It is the only way for those of us that couldnt make it know what going on. Best of luck and record speed.  Todd Brooks  :)    :)    :)

landracing

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »
First sitings of Salt just passed Toolee making last leg of trip, hearts pumping, wifes driving, im playing on the internet via wireless modem card, just praying I have service to use it on the salt.

Jonathan

wedrivezs

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »
how's JOE doing?

268B 1000CC MPS-BG  Joe Amo / Team Amo 197.955 173.045

1/4 sure looks good but..........what happened?

<small>[ August 16, 2004, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: wedrivezs ]</small>

LSRgroupie

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »
You all have fun down there, I can't make Speedweek this year and have to rely on memories and your updates on the web. I'll quit crying in a week and shoot for Sept. God speed to all. Barry

Offline Dave Cox

• http://www.olddeadcars.com
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »
Just got off the phone with George Callaway at the bend in the road, the mosquitos are brutal! Make sure to bring your repellant (unfortunately stale beer doesn't work) or plan on hiding in town. I called a few hotels this morning and everyone's full, so I'll brave camping at the bend. Look for me in the old army jeep with the big umbrella and say hi.