Author Topic: Cliff Gullett Remembrances & Video  (Read 20900 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Cliff Gullett Remembrances & Video
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 08:53:56 PM »
That certainly says a lot.

A marvelous tribute.

Thanks ghost Writer,

FREUD
Since '63

Offline KIRIAKAI

• COSTELLA-GULLETT STREAMLINER
    • TEAM BOZEMAN MOTORSPORTS
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 04:24:27 PM »
Team Bozeman and Team Bullett would like to extend their thanks to the contributors. One of Cliffs good friends put together a montage of personal and family photos that were shown at his funeral to the accompaniment of some of his favorite music, which many of you would have appreciated.
The service was held at the largest church in Bozeman and nearly 800 attended. The casket was chrome diamondplate, and the side had the 7070 streamliner in full size the length of the side.
After the service, it was transported to the graveside service by his truck and the streamliner trailer you all see at Bonneville, and was followed by hundreds, many of whom were on motorcycles, ATV's, etc.
The Paul Harvey Audio Clip has been requested from the heirs to the Paul Harvey estate, and it aired on September 5th, 2008. We have also corresponded with the film crew and production people who were at speed week last year and filming for the Discovery Channel show, which featured Leslie Porterfield earning her 200 MPH club membership, and tried to get the footage they took of the liner, which we have yet to receive, although we were advised they would review the film taken and try to get it to us.....
There was a great photo of the liner at the start line at Speed Week with the Discovery Crew Camera Boom truck at the side, and we would love to get the running footage of that shot from them, if at all possible.
Everyone has been great in providing assistance where they can, and at the celebration held after the service, the hundreds attending all had stories to tell about Cliff, albeit, not all were about racing, although Jack Costella, Wink Eller, The 411 Race Crew from Billings, and a number of other SCTA officials, Speed Week participants and many of Cliffs Crew over the years all had great stories to tell.
Salt Fever has to be real, as Casey Gullett, Cliff's son came back from BUB and told me that he could race at age 12, so he wanted to convert his TTR-50 with a big cylinder kit already installed into a modified bike with sidecar to race and set a record with C. Gullett as the name, to carry on his dad's tradition of racing.
That is certainly indicative of the meaning "Salt Fever", if ever I heard or saw it.
I know Slim will change this thread back from its present locked position, so if any of you have stories to share, we would love to have them here to build the scrapbook we are working on for the family.
Our sincerest gratitude to all.

Kiriakai
Team Bozeman Motorsports

Offline Flyboy

• Graduate National Test Pilots School,
    • http://WWW.SKYDANCERLE.COM
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 11:05:27 AM »
Very nice tribute. I never met the man but have heard great things about him and his achievements in LSR.

Here is a very short video I did of him at BUB 2008, the day he set his record. This was the beginning of his down run--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1NLfaOa7Ds

Bill
One Fast ZX-14
Three World and Four AMA Land Speed Records
One Fast Cessna Turbo 210

Offline KIRIAKAI

• COSTELLA-GULLETT STREAMLINER
    • TEAM BOZEMAN MOTORSPORTS
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 11:51:54 AM »
Bill-

Thank you for sharing the video with us.... i will see  that LeAnne and the family get this link so they have it in their memorabilia..... We appreciate your sharing it with us...

Kiriakai

Offline Freud

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 04:23:11 PM »
Kiriakai, have you ever heard from the Discovery Film crew regarding your request?

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 08:25:52 AM »
Early overdose of triptopan

Offline Tonerjockey

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 10:52:30 AM »

750cc P-PP (73 Guzzi V7 Sport - Porco Rosso)
50cc SC  (Weed Whacker)
100cc SC  (Heat Lightning)

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 10:25:50 AM »
Looking through some photos taken in 2007 at Bub's I found 2 of the 7070 Liner ...

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 10:27:40 AM »
Sorry post only took one ... here is the second ...