Author Topic: WOS: Wednesday  (Read 2404 times)

Offline JR'S PAPA

WOS: Wednesday
« on: September 07, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »
Has anyone heard about preregistration numbers? Which course and is the end of the road still mushy? Hope to see ya all there.
Been there, seen that! And now I can say I participate, with my kid and his kid, J.R...........

landracing

Re: WOS: Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 09:49:14 PM »
Well not sure about registration numbers, but I have heard from reliable source that the salt conditions are good for the meet. I assume they will not be using the BUB course.
Stainless and I plan on leaving for WOS on Monday sometime, assuming dyno time goes well..

Jon

landracing

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 09:51:31 PM »
This is the official report from the USFRA.

Salt Conditions Update
9/07/07
Today USFRA volunteers begin grooming the World of Speed Course. Local weather forecast is for dry clear weather with daily highs in the 80's.
Salt conditions and weather forecast look Execllent for World of Speed.

Jon

Offline Tom Shannon

• http://www.landracing.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 12:13:09 AM »
Papa;

It was announced at Sept 5th USFRA mtg, that the Speedweek Course #1 would reportedly be used. That course had drier shut down area during SW.
Hope to see 'ya all "On The Salt". :-D
Tom Shannon
On The Road

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 07:19:59 AM »
Papa;

It was announced at Sept 5th USFRA mtg, that the Speedweek Course #1 would reportedly be used. That course had drier shut down area during SW.
Hope to see 'ya all "On The Salt". :-D
Tom, where you bound....5 mile marker?

I fly in on Sunday night and will be at the salt on Monday morning.....any help request....let me know
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
World of Speed USFRA
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 12:16:11 PM »
The 10 day weather forecast looks great for the WOS. Hope the meet is a success and everyone has a fast,safe and record setting week.
Glen :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JR'S PAPA

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:44:41 PM »
We are looking forward to seeing and talking to all of our "SALT" family on Wednesday. Jon you probably do not remember, but last year at WOS, my grandson was introduced to you in the pits. Now, every time I'm on the sight my grandson says, "Hey, that's Jon Amo's bike, he's my friend ." 
Looking forward to our reunion with the Salt Folk.
Been there, seen that! And now I can say I participate, with my kid and his kid, J.R...........