Author Topic: Going to SpeedWeek  (Read 7834 times)

Offline handyguy

• BANTAM FOURPLAY
Going to SpeedWeek
« on: July 27, 2020, 10:18:54 AM »
   After to much himming & hawwing about  going to the Salt , this morning I finished deciding and am GOING  !!  It will be similar to going  out these days and being around people who know what it takes to function with unusuals  ..   Building race cars ,getting them to do what you built them for in spite of what it does otherwise ..  Face mask use and  keep that space will work out just fine .  The details will sort themselves out .  Will drive up Wed. , stay at the Bend , and being inspecting Thursday on .  SEE YA    STEVE  A..

Offline jpm49c

Re: Going to SpeedWeek
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 10:27:28 AM »
Good luck Steve!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 11:22:21 AM »
If SW actually happens, SCTA would need to rule face masks mandatory or all the "Karen's" won't give a $hit about you!
I just can't imagine having to wear one in that heat so my decision is to stay safe & stay away.
  Sid.

Offline gowing

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 12:35:26 PM »
"Get busy living or Get busy dying".

I am still planning on going just to spectate. 
My woman has to cover at her work, so I'll most likely be all by myself.

Probably going to ride my motorsickle over and just pitch a tent at the bend in the road.

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 06:07:58 PM »
I'm at the Alamo Motel right now,,,, should be at the Bend in the Road Thursday morning,,,, big white Holsum Bred truck,,,,, stop by and say Howdy !   Crow.  ( that's Me ! ) 1drink

The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline gas pumper

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 07:36:24 PM »
The 608 is going. Two Suburbans. Two pickup trucks. Two trailers. Two golf carts. And one Race car that needs 5 miles of good salt. Motel 6 here we come!!
Crew for 608 AA/GL.
Crew for The Flying Seven, 7207, XO/GCT, V4/FCT Loring.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 10:34:26 PM »
     Stay safe, stay healthy, have fun, go fast.

Ed

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 09:24:26 AM »
It's Saturday, 1 August 2020, and I'm about 10 minutes from hitting the road to Wendover.  YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

SEE YOU ON THE SALT!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 10:51:41 AM »
Jon, and anyone going to Bonneville,

Have a safe trip, and please use a mask, social distance, don't shake hands use elbows and have plenty of hand sanitizer with you. This virus is the invisible enemy of our age group and is transmitted so easily. It will be hard to do,  as seeing old friends the first thing you want to do is say Hi while shaking hands and some instances giving a hug. After Bonneville I don't want to see any Go Fund Me topics on this website to help bury someone who got the virus from going to Speedweek.

Everyone please use common sense, stay safe, have fun, come home without the virus.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 11:00:56 AM »
I've made 40 or so Landracing.com/SpeedWeek 2020 face masks and will have them with me (as well as a few dozen Landracing.com/SpeedWeek 2020 pocket knives).  I hope you won't need the knives to stay away from others, but the masks will help protect you (if you use it).

They're fundraisers for the site, but the masks are also for common sense.  Yes, I even have some hand wipes in the truck, and I use doctor gloves for eating snacks while I drive.

Watch out for the handles of the gas station window washer  squeegies!!

Later --
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 11:46:13 AM »
If you dipped your hand in a bucket of paint then went about doing your thing, that would leave a pretty long paint trail. If everybody there had a different color you could imagine the rainbow effect but which colors are dangerous to you? :?
An active N95 mask can protect you from airborne transition but a non N95 mask will not protect you from a virus donor who is not wearing a mask. It will however prevent you from touch transfer to your mouth or nose by hand. Your eyes are also an exposed location that you need to be conscious of not touching without effectively sanitizing your hands so staple your sun glasses to your head. 8-)
All this is going to be tough to do while sweating your butt off & running a race car so for those willing to take the risk, be safe & go fast.
Remember the days when all you needed to be safe was a rubber!  :mrgreen:
  Sid. 

Offline jl222

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 12:22:14 PM »

We're loading the truck and the 222 into the trailer Sunday and leaving Wed staying in Elco and on the salt Thur morning.

Interesting to see how liability waivers are handled at end of road. Hope they have a sticker and another lane so you don't have to prove every day.

Still invision a long wait to get on salt.

JL222

Offline Wannagofast

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2020, 11:09:11 PM »
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. probably leave my house Saturday morning about 6:00 to get there by 8:30. 

Offline Wannagofast

• New folks
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2020, 11:12:02 PM »
I've made 40 or so Landracing.com/SpeedWeek 2020 face masks and will have them with me (as well as a few dozen Landracing.com/SpeedWeek 2020 pocket knives).  I hope you won't need the knives to stay away from others, but the masks will help protect you (if you use it).

They're fundraisers for the site, but the masks are also for common sense.  Yes, I even have some hand wipes in the truck, and I use doctor gloves for eating snacks while I drive.

Watch out for the handles of the gas station window washer  squeegies!!

Later --

I'll take a mask if you have some left when I track you down on Saturday. How much?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 11:16:52 PM »
How much?  Hey, I'm giving them out as swag for your support for landracing.com.  I made a bunch earlier for some of the racers and sold them, but these are special SpeedWeek 2020 event masks!

DIG DEEP!!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com