Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3231352 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #2235 on: December 24, 2011, 04:38:44 PM »
Dr G came and left the good old US of A and we survived.

It seems to me that we should put Australia in jeopardy by about 100 of us going to the wedding without

invitations or presents or a return ticket.

See if the idyllic Island nation could survive that.

Merry Christmas Dr G and don't forget the SPF 30 as u wait to be allowed back in the house.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Tman

« Reply #2236 on: December 24, 2011, 05:24:49 PM »

It seems to me that we should put Australia in jeopardy by about 100 of us going to the wedding without

Merry Christmas Dr G and don't forget the SPF 30 as u wait to be allowed back in the house.

FREUD

Sounds like a fine plan!

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2237 on: December 25, 2011, 01:34:05 AM »
Congratulations on getting married.  It will give you happiness for years to come. 

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2238 on: December 25, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »

I thought the car was our wife and the girls were our mistresses?

rH+

Hang on now a second. Aren't you the guy who isn't.....
Oh never mind
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2239 on: December 28, 2011, 06:42:55 PM »

FREUD

yeah, well I might have completed the mission but I landed pretty heavily and didn't emerge from the hanger for quite some time.....that had more to do with the Cali part of the operation than the clean livin Utah bit though.....

Hey Pa, the cook never gets locked out :|

I thought the car was our wife and the girls were our mistresses?

rH+

Hang on now a second. Aren't you the guy who isn't.....
Oh never mind
G

No, he is, registry, in sin.

Now , down to the real nitty-gritty ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEi4e87jSJA )...it's been a quiet holiday break full of relaxment..no work on the Spirit or the Sprite, I have done a bit of staring at the Sprite which we of course all know is important. The only thing I have done is buy a new mower!!!!!the 6 year old one broke the blade boss, the oil looked a little like metallic paint and I was worried I might have to change it, or the plug..........and I know there are people who like toolin' around with lawn-mowers,but not me.

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2240 on: December 29, 2011, 01:11:54 PM »

FREUD

yeah, well I might have completed the mission but I landed pretty heavily and didn't emerge from the hanger for quite some time.....that had more to do with the Cali part of the operation than the clean livin Utah bit though.....

Hmmm . . . charter a plane, perhaps, Freud?

Don't beat yourself up on the California aspect of the trip - Been there - it's an environmental issue over which you have little or no control.

"California: The west coast of Iowa." - Joan Didion
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2241 on: December 29, 2011, 01:46:29 PM »
Ah, why not?  As long as we're on the issue of spelling accuracy on another topic -- unh, Goggs, did you really emerge from the wire thingie that's use to support clothing in the closet?  Perhaps, if you meant the building erected to house an airplane -- you meant to type "hangar".

Got you. . . :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #2242 on: December 29, 2011, 05:08:24 PM »
Ah, why not?  As long as we're on the issue of spelling accuracy on another topic -- unh, Goggs, did you really emerge from the wire thingie that's use to support clothing in the closet?  Perhaps, if you meant the building erected to house an airplane -- you meant to type "hangar".

Yea, what he said. :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #2243 on: December 30, 2011, 09:53:38 PM »
Probably the key post...` Every day a preconception about the US was changed in a positive way` New Zealanders and Australians have been bombarded for generations by anti-american sentiment, primarily through the news media, also partially through the `Tall Poppy` syndrome. We were all expected to do our Overseas Trip to Europe, where we did all the expected things. Automotive things were grudgingly accepted if connected to Formula 1 and the like..(thanks to Brabham, McLaren et al ) so the snotty comments were always levelled....Why would you Ever want to go THERE...The truth is simple. People throughout the world are not much different. These pursuits/obsessions that we have bring Good People to the Top, regardless of where they are from.That, in itself, should stay with us into 2012 and beyond. Sorry for the verbage everone....life experiences and all.....HAPPY NEW YEAR EH? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2244 on: January 01, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
Probably the key post...` Every day a preconception about the US was changed in a positive way` New Zealanders and Australians have been bombarded for generations by anti-american sentiment, primarily through the news media, also partially through the `Tall Poppy` syndrome. We were all expected to do our Overseas Trip to Europe, where we did all the expected things. Automotive things were grudgingly accepted if connected to Formula 1 and the like..(thanks to Brabham, McLaren et al ) so the snotty comments were always levelled....Why would you Ever want to go THERE...The truth is simple. People throughout the world are not much different. These pursuits/obsessions that we have bring Good People to the Top, regardless of where they are from.That, in itself, should stay with us into 2012 and beyond. Sorry for the verbage everone....life experiences and all.....HAPPY NEW YEAR EH? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

True that Paul.

Yea, what he said. :cheers:

It would be acceptable to use "thingies" but I can assure you in the singular you would be safer with "thingy" , this place is really going downhill :roll:

one all.

Shazzam!!! :cheers:

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2245 on: January 01, 2012, 07:46:13 PM »
I've got a head start on ya. I'm already as down hill as I can get.  :-P :-D :cheers: Happy Gnu Year. Wayno

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2246 on: January 18, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »
Where art thou my good Dr G  :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Freud

« Reply #2247 on: January 18, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »
He has been surprisingly quiet recently, hasn't he?

Ever think that wedding is choking him?

This may be his MO from now on.

Or...... he may have relocated to void our charter when we go to experience his surrender.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2248 on: January 18, 2012, 03:34:50 PM »
Watch it Pops, I'm lurking just below the surface, the moment you dip a toe in I'll trim the nail.

I read every new post on the forum but am conscious that not everyone wants my smartarse interpretation on every single topic....this is the low salt time of the year on Landracing , and yeah I have been watching the trash-talk fest in the build up to the Will-he-or-Wont-he-mington but there hasn't been much happening in the Spirit Of Sunshine Bellytank workshop and Possum Park because the Doctor's meagre financial resources are being directed at the upcoming nuptials.

It was in a way the ideal time to skip a meet because we are yet to sort the HANS , we need to get a new helmet and there's some tidy up items to be attended to, on top of the Reverend being in China

I popped up on the DLRA board a few times recently with largely nonsensical, factually dubious advice ...there's a bunch of new serious young insects on there who just think I'm a wack-job , so it's pretty even between here and there now...... :wink:

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2249 on: January 18, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »

....this is the low salt time of the year on Landracing ,

I can smell the salt at Lake G from here. Oh that's right, you're not going
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester