Author Topic: First trip To Bonneville, Hopefully!  (Read 31799 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: First trip To Bonneville, Hopefully!
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2009, 08:42:33 AM »
Willie, I got the note that you had been gracious once again (and thank you very much), but I still need to ask something.  In your signature line there's that string of letters between willie and buchta. Care to tell us what it means?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline willieworld

« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »
willie dont pi$$ on my boot and tell me its raining buchta --  my middle names are so long i usually just write   dpombatmir     sorry i thought everyone knew that            willie buchta                         
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2009, 11:35:35 AM »
Thanks for making me chuckle out loud, Willie.  No, I didn't know your "middle name" - but I sure will remember it now.

It's all of 42 degrees and misty here in Skandia.  We'll have a warm summer soon -- and if it happens on a weekend we'll go on a picnic.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »
Willie on a stick, that's funny :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2009, 12:32:31 PM »
Willie, that's not fair!  You get a cool middle name and I'm stuck with just 'A'  My uncle told me that I was Just Another Calkins. :-P
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline willieworld

« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2009, 02:02:10 PM »
My daughters name is Francine. She is named after her great grandmother Francis and great grandmother Irene. The other choice was naming her after her great grandfather Ferdinand and her great aunt Liza, but then we would have to call her Ferdiliza... So, you see it could always be worse. You could have been the little mistake Caulkins or oh crap the condom broke Caulkins.

Willie Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »
 :?  Willie, what ya do fire me?   I will be there to help Eric also,  Calkins.   We all could use help at the Salt, yours is more than welcome!    Crow ( don't piss in my boot , even tho it IS raining)
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline willieworld

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
crow   we always try to add someone new to the crew at every event --dont worry about there being enough things to do --at the last el mirage meet we had about 10 people show up and still didnt have enough help--though i think it had something to do with the heat and the beer   LOL   we will be at el mirage saturday at sun up --------willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »
Ya know, I think your right about the heat, couldn't a been the beer!   Don't think I'm gonna make the June Elmo meet,   but then again,  don't UN-expect me!  I for sure will get together with ya before B-Ville.       P>S  Sorry bout the Pizz word, meant to say, Plymouth!!!    Crow
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2009, 01:31:30 AM »

um, I just noticed that super trick looking rear suspension set you have there Willie and the color sort of drained from my face. I dunno how many people have been pinched in a spring when it was compressed but when I saw those coil overs my "boys" tucked themselves just a little closer to my body....because that sure would be a painful experience getting the ol' sack mixed up in that when you hit a rut... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2009, 08:28:53 AM »
Dr G, don't worry snug leathers should protect the boys  :-D  definitely would not ride that one in a pair of short shorts.....  :roll:
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2009, 10:35:58 AM »
Willie, you can count me in.  Like I said, I'm pretty much at my buddies' mercy since he's driving.  So, I'm not sure when we'll be there and when we'll be leaving.  But, I'll try to help as much as I can when I'm there.

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2009, 10:54:18 AM »
Well, I knew that a trip to Speed Week would be to good to be true!  :cry:  I heard rumblings at work last week that the production crew might get cut form there 4 day/40 hour week down to three days because of a lack of orders coming in.  And, last night, my buddy that I'd be going to Bonnie with said that his boss is running out concrete work to keep busy.  Lucky, both him and I are on the service side of things and have plenty of work to do.  But, with no money coming in to the company, it's hard to throw money into a pay check.  Only time will tell.   :?

Offline RichFox

« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »
My first trip to Bonneville was during the 5 airline strike of '66. Didn't have anything better to do so off I went. Some of the later trips were more difficult as the airline seniority system didn't promote a summer vacation for me at that time.

Offline 754

« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2009, 12:54:31 PM »
Calkins, just make it happen.. at the end of the first day, you will realize it was worth it..
 besides, next year, maybe you are too busy to go or would have to quit your job.. or whatever..

If Burt Monroe could make it happen, you sure can...