Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3204482 times)

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #2310 on: January 29, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »
Friggin' 'ell, you blokes got in a lather!!hahahaha.....We don't have Weetabix here...

they're Weet-Bix...see the difference..

right now I'm having a coffee,yeah espresso not that dribble-later stuff and having me a bowl of Vita-Brits with chopped apple. Now, the name I just mentioned might give you a clue to what they are....sounds like, looks like, is exactly like Weetabix/Weet-Bix!...Hey Chris, it was probably the best thing on offer in Ireland yeah? their food is notorious.

Now Sid there's no need to get nasty about Chinese gooseberrys either :roll: Yes Jon , they're the ones......

Don, I was pleasantly surprised at the price of "domestic" beer in the US, but the only beer I drank that actually made me take a second look at the label was the IPA that Trent so kindly gave me at Salt Talks minutes before the arse fell out of the clouds. Corona isn't really beer, it looks like it , and has alcohol in it but when someone is prepared to put real hops in beer like the IPA mob then you know you're drinking.

ok, enough o' this guff.

I advertised my tow-truck like this.......

Race day transporter for forced sale. This diesel Trader is a stout compact truck with all the necessities for towing anything up to Landcruiser size. It's neat and tidy and practical.With a  brand new starter, near new tyres and  new battery it is ready to go. It is for auction without RWC but it has only done 500klms since it was last passed. It has 8 months rego . The previous owner ran a sideline business doing after hours towing , so it's credentials are solid for that line of work if that is your thing, it ain't mine. We bought her to tow our race car and in the meantime have hired it to friends for drag cars and haulage. The deck is solid, the tiedown/wheel locks are almost new, the winch is fresh.The ramps are HD and fit nicely under the deck, you can drive a Commodore wagon straight on, fasten it and leave in ten minutes.It's got great service lights( so you can see what you're doing  on the deck in the dark)and she's easy to drive and park, if you haven't got room for a race trailer that you can't park anyway then you're in the right place..this rig fits through the drive through.She used to be an Australia Post truck so if you've got a car that's really haulin' the mail then blow the whistle on this one.

The forced sale is genuine,but not charity. We spent a decent amount buying the truck and more sorting the wiring, the tow bar, the starter and various other sundry issues but the reserve price reflects fair value, nowhere near what we spent,so I lose because I have to sell. Inspections are welcome for the genuine buyer , I know what it costs to put a truck like this together, and keep it on the road, so if you call about looking at it you'd better sound pretty interested.

She's got a good Sony CD player , just right for cranking up TNT as you drive through the gates at Calder.

The buyer is expected to make payment of a 10% deposit within 24 hrs and arrange full payment within 48 hrs, I'm a 100%er , let's hope you are too.It won't fit in a postpack, you'll have to pick it up, thanks for looking.

Gentlemen, start your engines.

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2311 on: January 29, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
Don
We had plenty of beer turned over to us in bottles by people who obviously didn't know about the ban on bottles
Weat-bix, made by a company that is wholly owned by the Seventh day Adventist Church
Good Aussie company indeed
I think if you were looking for Aussie food I would try Kangaroo steak with a side order of Vegemite on bread
Australia, the only country in the world that eats its coat of arms and leftover yeast from beer production
and money, well who would have thought
http://www.rba.gov.au/Museum/Displays/1960_1988_rba_and_reform_of_the_currency/a_new_note_printing_factory.html

The kangaroos are the furry ones, not the people on the beach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Ic3RqPIJo&feature=related

Oh and Paul
They started putting the names of the people who appear on the money on them in 2002 so as we would know who they were

G
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:07:40 PM by grumm441 »
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2312 on: January 29, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
OK, here's a recipe.

Prepare as for a Souvlaki.

Soft white pita bread warmed. Sauce made from natural yoghurt, lemon juice and garlic, mixed lettuce salad. Dice 3 oz kangaroo fillet to half inch and cook on hot pan with olive oil, at last minute toss in 1/4 brown onion.

Wrap contents in pita and serve, prep time 3 minutes.

Add chilli sauce, taromasalata ,or cheese if desired.

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2313 on: January 29, 2012, 04:12:14 PM »
Hey Chris, it was probably the best thing on offer in Ireland yeah? their food is notorious.

Oh, not true - not true at all.

Bangers and Mash in a wonderful pub in Dublin, and probably the best pork chops I have ever had - and this is coming from a guy who grew up in Iowa and had a number of family members who raised hogs - were obtained at a marvelous bistro in Wexford, right on the wharf.

Worst food was at a Scottish place in Cork - I think it was called McDonalds - still better than the Weetabix . . .

So the truck sale a stop-gap for the year?  I suppose there's no sense in keeping up the tags, if all it's going to do is sit.

I wish we had trucks of that size stateside - everything here is just too darned big.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Tman

« Reply #2314 on: January 29, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
I know the good Dr is not making the salt this year but I will have more of that fine IPA and other micros with if anyoine wants to stop by our camp or pit.  :cheers:

And i make a mean Scotch Egg.  :wink:

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2315 on: January 30, 2012, 12:17:11 AM »
When I was a kid I had a big warm bowl of kangaroo tail soup.  I am almost sixty now and I remember its flavor like it was yesterday.  It is quite different and very good.

Offline Jon

« Reply #2316 on: January 30, 2012, 02:18:36 AM »
Could always try galah too, recipe I was taught was;

Pluck & stuff galah
Put the galah on simmer in a large casarole dish with sweet potato, corn, a rock, carrot an peas.
Check regularly, when the rock is soft throw away the galah and eat the rock.
Tough little suckers them galahs.

Emu steak is a pretty good feed, just so you know that we eat both the animals on our coat of arms.
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline ben james

« Reply #2317 on: January 30, 2012, 03:19:49 AM »
I ONCE GOT SERVED UP A STIR FRY WITH KANGAROO IN IT.
they called it SKIPPY STIR FRY.
dlra member #389 moriwaki monster

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2318 on: January 30, 2012, 04:48:46 AM »

Jump steak

G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #2319 on: January 30, 2012, 07:15:58 AM »
Hopside.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2320 on: January 30, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »
Hopside.

Hopside-down? (under?)

Rev - still in China?
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2321 on: January 30, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »

Jump steak

G

Hopside.

Gee , I left that recipe hanging WIDE open and no-one took the bait????

It's called Roovlaki.... :roll:

yeah, he's still in China, he lives there now.....don't say anything clever, they have 300 people specifically assigned to watch every word he types on this web-site alone :-D :-D

Offline Geo

« Reply #2322 on: January 30, 2012, 05:24:21 PM »
Thanks for that!  I see an A grade for this.  :cheers:

STIR FRY WITH KANGAROO IN IT
Lets see... Wife from China, child studying Australia, me hungry!

China, he lives there now.....don't say anything clever, they have 300 people specifically assigned to watch

Been there done that! They constantly wondered.  Really confused them when I waved my Chinese Green Card!  :roll:

Geo

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #2323 on: January 30, 2012, 08:09:53 PM »
Ni hao, wo zai Zhonguo.

Yes we are living in Wujin about three hours west of Shanghai. No Landspeed racing found yet but a developing car culture. New cars only though, second hand cars are extremely cheap because very few people would consider purchasing anything used. Therefore hot-rod culture is really an anathema.

That said, every Mercedes I see here is an AMG model, reasonably discrete hop up I suppose. In Wenzhou they are a little more indiscrete with their car aspirations with a lot of exotics on the street.

China is amazing in so many ways. It realy is steaming ahead of the rest of the world just in infrastructure alone. Huge amounts of fantastic cheap fast (300kph) modern railway being built spanning hte country. Makes the west look like a crumbling backwater.

Anyone read "Atlas Shrugged"? Well, China highlights to me how close the west is to self imposed stagnation.

The consumption and growth cannot last indefinately though, there simply are not enough resources in the world. things are going to get interesting...

Dik
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:19:40 PM by Reverend Hedgash »

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #2324 on: January 30, 2012, 09:40:14 PM »
"Atlas Shrugged"? Yup, I think we're living it.  :-(
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651