Author Topic: WOS Trip  (Read 3433 times)

landracing

WOS Trip
« on: September 15, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »
Im leaving in a few hours for WOS. Should put me in there around 8 am - 9 am Thursday morning.

I will continue to update the site during the event several times during the day.

WOS UPDATES

Jonathan

landracing

Re: WOS Trip
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »
passing thru the college town of fort collings colorado on my way to laramie wy which is my first stop on my trip. Should be able to make Rawlins or Rock Springs wy before I will need a 30 minute nap. My foal is be at the salt entrance for the sunrise. Wyoming is pretty much a dead spot for this wireless internet so probably no more posting.

Im ready armed with my thermos full of Starbucks which should hold me over and keep me awake most of the way. By the time I hit Evantson wy or Salt Lake I will be on adrenaline anyway. Cant wait..

Jonathan

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 03:37:00 AM »
Hi Jon,
 Hope the salt is good for you and you make 250mph!  Thanks for the site.  it makes living on a small island more bearable!!  Hope you two have rejoined the Speed Record Club!  I can feature you then!!! Thanks to Mike for letting me know about the Busa streamliner.  We don't get much info here. Regards, Gabriel.
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

landracing

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 08:03:00 AM »
Well made it in to Toolee at 5 am. Just 1 1/2 hours away from "home"

Next updates will be on the WOS pages.....

Jonathan

Offline Freud

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »
Toolee to Wendover in 90 minutes? It only  takes an hour from SLC airport. You must have needed a nap between Toolee and the salt.

Tell Barb hello at the motel.
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »
I hope that you have results for Sunday AM. Wind, wet salt and broken equipment are all the bad things that can happen on the salt. It only takes one to make it an unsuccessful trip. You already have one, wind, but it still costs the same to go. Jon, I appreciate the work and expenses you incure reporting these events for us "stay at homes." I feel guilty even reading the reports if I don't contribute to Landracing.com. Thanks for that PayPal contribution method. It helps me get rid of my guilt. The donation has been posted. I hope other people can feel the same way. Unless a person is working for a magazine there is NO INCOME generated on the salt. 5 hours of sleep a night isn't much reward when I consider how much work you put in. Are rooms and meals free for a celebrity like you in Wendover? (They never were for me.)  The fotos look great. Have you dropped your new camera yet?

THANX for your dedication from one of your world wide audience. It's my privilege to contribute to Landracing.com. OK fellows...you can also. Let's show our appreciation to Jon with a few bucks.Use that PayPal logo.
Since '63

landracing

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »
Freud,

Thanks for all your generosity and all your good words.

Jonathan

Offline joea

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »
ditto to guthrie,  good job bro

Joe  :)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 11:07:00 AM »
Hey, Scott -- As I remember, you & Freud are so old that you date back to before photographs -- when they were still using woodcuts for illustrations.

No offense meant -- ha-haa!  Hope I can still swim when I'm your age.

It was something, back to the original thread, to see Jon sitting in his truck, uploading photos and reports every few minutes.  Man-o-man, this new service - Internet by cellphone, from the truck -- makes keeping up to date easier than ever.  We won't be going to WF, so I'll be keeping in touch vicariously through Landracing.com.

Thanks again, Jon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com