Author Topic: Tube front  (Read 691 times)

Offline jjolly

Tube front
« on: September 28, 2022, 10:20:20 AM »
Hey there folks,
  I am at work, it is very slow and I do not have a rule book in front of me so let the flogging begin. Can I run a tube front in my CGC Mustang? It is just ahead of the shock towers. I would like to get the dry sump reservoir under the hood and out of my passenger seat. It would also allow room to get headers out from under the car. My thoughts are it would not be allowed and when I get home I may look at the rule book, but in the mean time I thought I would put it out here for some input and abuse..
Joe
 C/CGC 79 Mustang. 214.698 Speedweek 2021
Why not now?

Offline jimmy six

Re: Tube front
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 01:34:14 PM »
There are many with dry sump tanks in front. A taller tank like a sprint car or midget uses may be a better fit. A friend with a Gas Coupe has one and the custom fuel tank in front of the stock radiator and behind the facia. I believe exhaust have been in front of the tire as long as they have a collector.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline MRK

Re: Tube front
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 03:18:49 PM »
Please keep in mind that blocking the air flow through the radiator in front of or behind is a no-no in the Gas Coupe class.
It doesn't matter if it's "partially" blocking. Blocking is blocking.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen