Author Topic: Record attempt on Ebay  (Read 9191 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Disolve?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 12:26:58 AM »
The meeting documents don't end anything but the involvement of the person that sent them to you and is also out of the sport.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline esqeddy

• New folks
Record attempt on Ebay
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 09:41:20 PM »
Its me.  I'm the one who ran the add.  :D

This is a business venture and I've offered the product for sale.  With the recent release of the movie the World's Fastest Indian, and knowing there are those individuals that could easily afford the product if they are so inclined, I was hopeful to find a buyer.  If no one buys the product, oh well.  Guess I'll just have to drive her myself.

But its still a business venture and I will be able to deduct all the  expenses associated with it.  :wink:

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
COMMON PRACTICE
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 10:42:16 PM »
Most other racing series have what could be called "Rent a Ride". The driver brings the money and the car owner provides the ride.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

landracing

Record attempt on Ebay
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 10:48:03 PM »
Quote from: esqeddy
Its me.  I'm the one who ran the add.  :D

This is a business venture and I've offered the product for sale.  With the recent release of the movie the World's Fastest Indian, and knowing there are those individuals that could easily afford the product if they are so inclined, I was hopeful to find a buyer.  If no one buys the product, oh well.  Guess I'll just have to drive her myself.

But its still a business venture and I will be able to deduct all the  expenses associated with it.  :wink:

Well after thinking about this some more esqeddy,,, I think its brilliant idea for ebay... And your thought process is great also on the venture...

BUT.... You messed up in the auction big time... Problem is if you sell the product you have to pay the ebay commission... Silly You. Next time you offer the auction for $1 and then charge $249,999 shipping.. That way you dont have to pay the final auction fee and YOU LIST IT CHEAPER also...

Now that I saved you a few bucks can the cold root beer be on you at speedweek while I sit in your Mustang and think since you have the car there already I shouldnt have to pay the shipping fee so Ill give you dollar for ride... But do I have to pay before or after the ride...

Jon

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
Record attempt on Ebay
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 12:52:03 AM »
Jack actually you'd get into a word game with a judge on that one and loose as soon as the Certificate was presented as evidence.... cause Mine all say " WORLD LAND SPEED RECORD "...   all you could do was try and discredit the organization... the document would stand on it's own ...

Your welcome to hold the FIM/FIA in high reguard... but I chose not to.
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Rill nars Thunkin'
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 04:19:57 AM »
[quote="landracing
Well after thinking about this some more esqeddy,,,since you have the car there already I shouldnt have to pay the shipping fee so Ill give you a dollar for ride...  Jon[/quote]

................v.v.good, liked it Centurion!!!! :lol:  :lol:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Record attempt on Ebay
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 07:40:31 AM »
For those that think this is a new idea to rent a ride at Bonneville, you might rethink.  There are many 2 club members with rented membership.   I think it is great idea to pay for your race car and gas for the trip.  I do not think it diminishes those of us that worked for years to reach the goal.  It is just the "cubic dollars" approach to racing.  If you could sell a ride in your car or bike for $100K wouldn't you do it?   I know some who got in for a tenth of that...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

dwarner

Record attempt on Ebay
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 09:13:51 AM »
What did Bill Summers charge a few years ago? He had up to three people at the salt at one time sharing rides in his lakester.

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 10:25:10 AM »
The status of a club record is just that.
The definition of a "World Record" is well established and recognized.
The administrative details and the perceived quality of the program varies with the application but the definition is always the same.
Their is a great deal of well deserved pride at all levels of the sport and that largely influences the participant.
Depending on your interests, the rest might be of no consequence to you.

Offline H.E.CARTER

• New folks
RECORD ATTEMPT ON EBAY
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 06:26:52 PM »
NICE ADD FOR SOMEONE WITH CUBIC MONEY. ONE THING YOU MISSED. EVEN IF YOU RUN 210, 220 OR 230MPH AND SET THE RECORD YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE 200MPH CLUB. WHY IS THE PERSON WHO SET THE RECORD AT 203MPH NOT IN THE CLUB? THINK ABOUT IT?

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: RECORD ATTEMPT ON EBAY
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 06:36:37 PM »
Quote from: H.E.CARTER
NICE ADD FOR SOMEONE WITH CUBIC MONEY. ONE THING YOU MISSED. EVEN IF YOU RUN 210, 220 OR 230MPH AND SET THE RECORD YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE 200MPH CLUB. WHY IS THE PERSON WHO SET THE RECORD AT 203MPH NOT IN THE CLUB? THINK ABOUT IT?

Local Clubs have local standards they have adopted for their own use.
Those standards evolve over time at the pleasure of their membership.
As you suggested I have thought about it but not everybody has. :wink:

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: RECORD ATTEMPT ON EBAY
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 06:37:33 PM »
Quote from: H.E.CARTER

Nowhere in his e-bay listing does he offer a chance to get into the 2 club, just set a record over 2 bills. But your right the minimum might be a bit tough for that 'stang.  :)
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...