Author Topic: Jesse James " Green Scream"  (Read 25610 times)

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
Re: Jesse James " Green Scream"
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 05:33:58 PM »
Jesse is not the only company getting nailed by the state. Dyno Jet,Power Commander, just settled for One Million, yep $1,000,000, with The Mobile Source Enforcment Section. The state likes to go after the deep pockets.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 07:03:42 PM »
Well the deep pockets belong to us... and all the future customers of any business they fine.  They don't manufacture money, they make stuff they sell to us.  Glad to see they are protecting us much like the lawyers do...  :-(
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 08:03:55 PM »
 :-D  The funny part is, Jesse offered to make the bikes CARB legal but they said he didn't have to. They just wanted the fine from him...  :?

Beware everyone, they're coming. I had a guy show up at my door the other day and wanted to see my Waste Tire Permit. I have no idea how they got my name, he said he didn't either. Then he wanted to see where I stored my waste tires and my usable tires. According to him, every business that generated more then 10, yes 10, tires in its lifetime will have to have a permit. I'm thinking that would include just about any business that has a vehicle.

So, I gave him your number Kent...   :lol:

Larry
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline salt27

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 12:51:40 AM »
I live in a rural part of Oregon. Most of my neighbors have lived here all their lives. Several of us don't have or watch TV [bad reception, not enough time, farming]. When a ranch sells it's a big deal and people welcome the new arrivals with baked goods and the like. It just so happened that Jesse's first wife did buy and move onto a ranch about a mile away. My neighbor promply baked a apple pie and sent their 16 year old son to deliver it. When I asked if he made it home that night, they said he did but he took his own sweet time.  :-D
Don 

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 01:22:29 AM »
Oh believe me Larry they have my number.... in reality everything I do is illegal.... unless I have my permit.!...My permit does nothing to reduce emissions and doesn’t require me to lower my VOC's..... It’s all about them getting their money... a real dog and pony show...They claim that permit fees are how they support themselves
kent

bak189

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 05:13:02 PM »
I will be doing a M/C Trade Show in Mainz,
Germany at the end of March (08)......and the event poster says "Come and meet Jesse James"
He certainly gets around.........................................

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 05:31:28 PM »
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231887&page=10. Down towards the bottom of this page off jalopy Journal looks like the car

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »
You mean this one?

or this one?

Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2008, 01:00:56 PM »
Thats it, for some reason I couldnt get the picture to copy & paste so I put the whole article in

Offline aircap

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2008, 04:13:38 PM »
Thats it, for some reason I couldnt get the picture to copy & paste so I put the whole article in

(?)
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2008, 12:22:20 PM »
Here's a hint about tire disposal:  You've seen those signs on roads for "Adopt-a-Highway" I suppose.  Well, the volunteers who do the garbage pickups often find tires that have been discarded, and those tires end up piled with the other garbage -- which the county then picks up.  So -- when you see that an Adopt-a-Highway pickup is going on, wait 'til that evening, take your old tires, and drop off one or two at each pile of garbage bags.  Viola, they're gone, to the landfill, and you don't have to pay the old tire fee that some counties assess.

Further hint:  Make sure your name IS NOT ON the tires when you put 'em on the pile.  If there's someone you don't like -- chalk his name onto the tires!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2008, 01:05:39 PM »
Jon! Jon! Jon! you are bad!!! :mrgreen: :evil:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »
Nancy and I have "sponsored" a two-mile stretch of U S 41 for about ten years, so I've had an opportunity to learn some of the game.  Doing this volunteer job also allows us the "right" to bitch about litter on other highways -- which we see plenty of as we travel.

Here's some information we've learned:  Marlboro cigarettes are the most popular (at least the most thrown-away empty pack); don't even think of checking to see what's the liquid inside most of the capped bottles that are tossed out - and don't open and pour the yellow liquid to the ground, ever; once in a while you find surprises, like the $20 bill I got one time, or the cigarette pack with a small bag of pot in it.  On that one we decided it was tossed out in one or the other of these scenarios:  "Geez, man, that's the cops behind us.  Toss the stash out the window NOW!"  or "Man, you're so stoned that you just threw out our stach, you jerk!"  We've also found that having our stretch farther from town is good -- those louts that eat their fast food then dumps the garbage out the window -- are done eating long before they get to our stretch of highway.  We get quite a bit less food wrappers than the folks ten miles closer to town.

What's this got to do with Jesse?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2008, 04:15:40 PM »

Further hint:  Make sure your name IS NOT ON the tires when you put 'em on the pile.  If there's someone you don't like -- chalk his name onto the tires!

having flashes of the Alice's Restaurant Massacre, with 8 X 10 color glossies...  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2008, 07:38:08 PM »
Nancy and I have "sponsored" a two-mile stretch of U S 41 for about ten years.................

So where is that 2 mile stretch, got  your company name on it, when you going out there to clean it up?????

............. I got some tires I need to get rid of,

Sum