Author Topic: Question about my record?  (Read 6176 times)

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

Re: Question about my record?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 04:50:53 PM »
Posted on: Today at 11:29:13 AMPosted by: jimmy six 
When the official results come out make sure both are included. The most impotant thing is the use of the "new" number on your vehicle for the second class. You should have looked at your timing slips to see if your "new" number was on them. If it was the same as the old number the starting line could have given them the old one by mistake becauce the additional digit was hard to see. Not seeing your vehicle I don't know it this pertains to you or not.

I just looked at the records set and see one for #335 and #1335 so it may have come on since you looked.

They had issues also with the printer one day. We got a hand written timing slip and the radio announced the car in the wrong class when running.

I see that they did in fact list both records on the new listing.....All is good.
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 05:21:51 PM »
JH congrats on the records.It was good meeting you and I appreciate the advise on my power commander.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 07:37:50 PM »
Fred, wish I could of done more!

BTW:
The BMW leathers.....

sweeet.

-JH

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »
Hot nuts, I only announce what comes up on the computer, if it is entered wrong I don't have a way or the time to look it up. There are times when a class change is made after the data base is already entered.

The happy announcer :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 11:07:17 PM »
Johnny---enjoyed meeting you in certification area---congrats on your endevors!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »
Hot nuts, I only announce what comes up on the computer, if it is entered wrong I don't have a way or the time to look it up. There are times when a class change is made after the data base is already entered.

The happy announcer

Glen, you do a great job. I did not mean to imply otherwise. I was only concerned that because the info you had was wrong maybe I didnt do the paperwork for the class change correctly and my record would not count because I was supposed to be in another class.

Johnny---enjoyed meeting you in certification area---congrats on your endevors!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sparky!

*Andres Segovia

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 11:29:27 PM »
Congrats Johnny. Look forward to seeing you at WF or at the NW reunion

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 10:55:52 AM »
I was wondering if anyone was going to comment about the guy in the BMW leathers on a Hayabusa. My wife wanted me to change them, but they are 30 years old, and I had some really good years road racing with them. I had a great Speedweek so I guess the leathers are OK. :-D
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing