Author Topic: UTAH ALLIANCE  (Read 134860 times)

Offline gas pumper

Re: UTAH ALLIANCE
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2016, 12:34:08 PM »
Stainless1, exactly my view of this operation, too. Dilution is the solution for more extraction, not more salt returned.
Frank
Crew for 608 AA/GL.
Crew for The Flying Seven, 7207, XO/GCT, V4/FCT Loring.

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2016, 09:35:09 AM »
Robert,
  I would love to hear the explanations.

"ALL - Please note the frames released do not have the in-depth commentary provided by Dr. Bowen. All in the room were very impressed by her explains of the science side - there were not conclusions, simply a statement those areas currently under study - several of which were added because of input from the racing community.

I concur that the frames are not self-explanatory and were never meant to be so. The entire point here is to share data and info.

Thanks to some private tutoring time, I can explain all up to page 25, with more tutoring coming until I get the whole doc sorted. Dr. Bowen has been NOTHING but cooperative with the Utah Alliance an Save the Salt.

Please understand that I do not have time to answer every question from the LSR community, but I DO INTEND to be ready for nay questions from members of the US Congress and staff as we press forward with legislation to effect restorative change."

And that legislation;
How is it coming along?

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline Toolman

• New folks
« Reply #212 on: July 01, 2016, 06:43:58 PM »
Has anyone been able to look at the contract the potash company has with the BLM to see wether their is a clause to return the processed salt back to the flats? If there is, we need to get to get the goverment officals involved. If there isn't, we still need to get our goverment leaders involved. The number one man we need to contact is Oren Hatch. Let the legislators in your state to contact Hatch about what is going on.
GENE TINNEY

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2016, 11:00:08 AM »
If you haven't already seen it, check out the new letter from the UA to the BLM.  It's posted on the home page of this site.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2016, 02:59:05 PM »
If you haven't already seen it, check out the new letter from the UA to the BLM.  It's posted on the home page of this site.

Jon,

It is just: "Bureaucracy as usual"

Bureaucrats get paid the same, whether or not they accomplish anything . . . . . . . .

Why work?   Especially when you can get paid to do . . . . nothing . . . . and are beholden to a:  "Do Nothing Congress".

Reminds me of the 1980's . . . . . .

:dhorse:
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

velocity

« Reply #215 on: July 30, 2016, 05:08:10 AM »
BLM Launches Investigation into Bonneville Salt Flats Surface Damage

Photos available at:  www.savethesalt.org

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

THE UTAH ALLIANCE WEBSITE WILL NO LONGER BE A SOURCE OF OFFICIAL UPDATES AND HAS BEEN SHIFTED TO AN ARCHIVE ONLY RESEARCH TOOL.

WWW.SAVETHESALT.ORG IS NOW THE ONLY WEBSITE WHERE OFFICIAL UPDATES WILL BE POSTED.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:52:44 AM by velocity »

Offline crawford

« Reply #216 on: July 30, 2016, 01:58:26 PM »
Well, thank god that, landspeed was out there to insure that the track is being taken care of, but to be honest all she did was to cause more problems than she solved, she is not a very productive member of the racing organizations in the eyes of Wendover, so I don't know why she feels that she have the power to change anything, first you need to be a leader, which she is not, second you at least need to be respected, which is a big question.  So the handling of the snow track on the flats could of handled alot better, but as long as she has any voice things can only get ........well not better!!!!!!       Mike crawford, mayor of Wendover Utah
Current Mayor of Wendover Utah, and life long race fan. owns Wendover Carquest auto-parts.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #217 on: July 30, 2016, 04:25:52 PM »
She holds herself in high regard, though.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline joea

« Reply #218 on: July 30, 2016, 05:07:06 PM »
...lets see...local mining industry significantly impacts the BSF in a NEGATIVE way...local politics
claims otherwise and gets miffed when folks point that out...

local paper last year in Wendover has front page article WHY SW cancelled
with commentary by local politician questioning the SCTA decision...meanwhile salt flooded
and not conducive to an event....

last year Cook Shootout puts out public message showing pics of extensive water and poor
conditions...praising BUB for cancellation of meet...local politician speaks out publicly stating "I cant for the life of me understand why they cancelled the meet...

USFRA produces explanation as to WHY their Test and Tune called off this year...d/t precarious wet fragile
areas near staging areas that very likely in their opinion may be adversely affected by the traffic
of a meet....local politician comes out publicly and says "...I dont understand why the meet cancelled "one only knows"...

representative of ALLIANCE to try to PROTECT AND SAVE the BSF....speaks out about another LOCAL
entity....significantly...adversely effecting the condition of the BSF....

and local politician gets miffed again...

I see a CLEAR pattern.....

ps and YES Mr. Crawford is a TREMENDOUS ASSET to the racing community, we are very fortunate to
have his lifelong assistance in Wendover...THANK YOU Mr. Crawford for all you do and have done for the LSR
community...we are sincerely grateful

but racing and putting on a LSR event takes different set of priorities and responsibilities .....

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #219 on: July 30, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »
subscribing
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2016, 01:05:20 AM »
  Mike, with all due respect, Louise reported facts while You are countering with YOUR opinion as is nothing more than that.  You seem to enjoy stirring the pot as much as helping Us out.  We support You and Your business but We don't necessarily have to.                  Bob
Bob Drury

Offline jdincau

« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2016, 10:28:32 AM »
I would have been nice if LSL had reported as to how in the spirit of mutual cooperation she went to the tow truck company and asked them to modify their behavior instead of just ratting them out to the BLM.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline Old Scrambler

• Going Fast - Slowly
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2016, 12:45:03 PM »
...............and however it was that had to be 'rescued' should pay for ALL DAMAGES :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse:
2011 AMA Record - 250cc M-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 82.5 mph
2013 AMA Record - 250cc MPS-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 88.7 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 136.6 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 143.005 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 139.85 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 144.2025 mph

Chassis Builder / Tuner: Dave Murre

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2016, 01:17:25 PM »
  It must have been of some serious concern to Mike Cook or I cannot imagine why He would have shown it to Her.  Anyone who has even driven a vehicle over 200 mph knows that trying to identify "repaired" or wet spots on the course is nearly impossible at speed and when You go over them it can upset the balance (for lack of a better word) or feel of the vehicle as well as cause overreaction of the driver in the blink of a eye.
  This was a serious transgression of Public Property that could have resulted in injury to others.
  I have met the owner of the Towing Company and Used His services.  He is a nice guy but He has a serious (and possibly legitimate) grudge with the BLM after they billed Him for $6,000. for the damage He did to the Salt when He buried three Tow Trucks while trying to Yard that idiot Coddington's Circus Motorhome out of the Trench.  That is why He now (or at least when He told Me this in 2012) charges $600. minimum to leave the end of the road.
  As for You "Louise Haters", Most of You are like Me; old, grouchy, constipated and seeing too many Doctors. While I will be amongst the first to admit She can be brash, somewhat self serving and out spoken, She was chosen by the Utah Alliance to be their spokesperson to keep pressure on the BLM, Politicians and yes, the Media to help make the Public aware of the ongoing problems involved in saving both Our Race Courses and the National Protected Area useable for all.
  I would ask You bitch'ers one question:  what have each of You done to support Save the Salt and the Utah Alliance (as in money and volunteer work) in the last ten years?
                                                                                          Sincerely, Bob Drury     
Bob Drury

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2016, 02:49:17 PM »
Bob, you're making way too much sense.  8-) 8-) 8-)

Is it possible to work with the towing company to get a track that minimizes damage to the salt? In a lot of cases the cleats are a bolt on item that could be replaced with something less severe. Those machines are used for lots of different purposes under different conditions and over different types of terrain. In many cases the surface is ecologically sensitive. There's likely something that would do the job with less damage but taking an overly aggressive approach to the problem is just going to make a compromise much more difficult. I fear it may have been made somewhat more difficult already.

Pete