Author Topic: BLM Stipulations  (Read 14477 times)

Offline jimmy six

Re: BLM Stipulations
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »
Finally looking at the stipulations from BNI I'm pretty happy. Speeding by the pits has been a problem I've seen for over 30 years and I would love to see some "real" slow down there. Remember it said if there is a posed speed that's what will be enforced and BNI does post speeds but "special" people don't either know how to read or DGS. I wonder if there will any of them out a 5:30 A when the qualifies are trying to get to their vehicles in impounds

I also like what they stipulated on "pets". For years certain ones have roamed free.

I do like having an adult beverage while driving off the salt to the road but either I'll be really careful of stop it all together.

In keeping with politicks remember in an "equal world" everyone or no one must have the opportunity to have a race car/MC or take yours, so vote accordingly................................... :evil: 
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 11:52:12 AM »
Just wondering if you where paying attention
Yes I was, any more of that talk & I'll be forced to have a word with Richard 1! :-D
  Sid.

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 10:11:29 PM »
Anybody have a link to this?

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 09:01:20 AM »
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32:53 AM »
I'm with JD on this one.... It looks like the BLM wants us to be good stewards of our public land and not act like a bunch of irresponsible kids. 
I do not think they are taking away the bend, the rules on the salt have always been no overnight camping.
I suspect we are looking at business as usual with some BLM officers around to ensure we are following the rules... with that said, the BLM just had a bunch of their funds cut... so I guess we will just see what happens.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 09:40:35 AM »
So where exactly is the SRMA located on the map? :?
Is it just the salt flats?

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ut/salt_lake_fo/bonneville_salt_flats/pdfs.Par.16381.File.dat/BSF%20Area%20Map.pdf

Sitting outside your trailer having a beverage with friends would now be illegal in that area & it appears an open flame barbie is out now too. Does this also mean you can't have a beer in the pits?
All this is about as clear as the mud that Intrepid is turning the salt flats into!
 Sid.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »
Ok, now that I'm pissed off, here's some reading for you. If you don't want to read all the BS, scroll down to the map.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ut/salt_lake_fo/bonneville_salt_flats/pdfs.Par.94426.File.dat/BSF%20Mgmt%20Paper.pdf
According to that, the SRMA does not include the area of the bend that I believe the BL'f'M was trying to target.
It appears drinking a beer anywhere on the salt is out unless you are inside your trailer!
  Sid.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »
Sid, aren't you a little old for rabblerousing, or are you just working on your drama for the reality show....  :evil:

They do not have the resources to big brother the entire flats... stop fretting, it is just like the rule book, don't read too much into the rules
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Tman

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 10:46:40 AM »
Hooray for budget cuts! :wink: :-D

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 11:25:46 AM »
I don't do any of the above Stainless, it's a Kiwi thing, no BS & we say what's on our mind.
Just the facts mam!
By there own information, BLM's intensions to control the crazyness at the bend does not actually apply to that area. The bend is not part of the SRMA.
If someone can show me another way to read this, then go ahead.
  Sid.

Offline modelAsteve

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 11:26:30 AM »
The big picture on the map is MUD! Save the salt

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 12:01:52 PM »
"...the BLM just had a bunch of their funds cut... "

No, there is no cut-- the only thing "cut" was the rate of budget increases from year to year. Only in Washington is spending more money next year than this year considered a "cut". The way things work in DC is that each year the budget is automatically increased by around 8% and the "cut" has lowered this to only about 5%. So a 5% increase is now considered a "cut".

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Tman

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 12:21:29 PM »
Very good point Neil. :cheers:

Offline mitchell968

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »
i'd like to apply that math to the amount of fireworks i bring .    mitchell

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 01:36:44 PM »
Has anyone noted that there's an area about 1/4 mile square (maybe close to the pit/impound area) that's State of Utah land and not BLM land?  While still subject to the laws of the State of Utah, that area would NOT be under the control nor policing of the BLM unless some special rights were granted and I just haven't seen 'em anywhere. 

Btw, most of the "stipulations" are about the same as Utah law, including drinking in a vehicle that's parked (actually I think it's illegal to have an open container within 20 feet of your vehicle, but it's been so long since I had to worry about that, that I may be out of date.) 

Since I camp "up on the hill" after getting real tired of kids on atvs and rowdy parties at the Bend, I'm not gonna worry about it.  And at the same time, I'm gonna do the same thing I've done for years, leave the place I camp or pit as clean if not cleaner than I found it.