Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Technical Discussion / Re: Selecting a synchronous belt
« Last post by Beltguy on Today at 02:09:02 PM »
Sorry, keyboard locked up.

The reason I ask about the pulleys is that you say 8mm but not HTD.  There are at least 3 8mm pitch belts and they don't all play well together.

Jim
« Last post by Beltguy on Today at 02:04:06 PM »
Jack, I think I can help (34 years at Gates), but we need to clarify a couple of things.  What is application?  Do you have the pulleys?
Bonneville General Chat / Re: Is GTO 766 Chuck Whiteman a Member?
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on Today at 01:29:30 PM »
So sorry to hear that. 
Bonneville General Chat / Re: Is GTO 766 Chuck Whiteman a Member?
« Last post by PorkPie on Today at 01:14:16 PM »
Chuck was a inspector of the USFRA and passed away a couple years ago

he was a great friend of mine, Chuck, you be not forgotten
Bonneville General Chat / Is GTO 766 Chuck Whiteman a Member?
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on Today at 12:28:27 PM »
Is GTO 766 Chuck Whiteman a Member on the forum?  I would like to talk with him about the setup on that GTO.

Build Diaries / Re: Belly Tank Build Diary
« Last post by Mike Brown on Today at 09:36:04 AM »
Thanks Mike for the info. Who is the manufacturer of the sensors you use?

I used a version from Microswitch for many years, it is now very pricey.  I have been purchasing this sensor from Ebay.  It is reasonably priced and works well. 
« Last post by jacksoni on Today at 07:27:11 AM »
I used Gates GT Carbon  Poly chain belts on my home designed DOHC drive for a custom Infiniti IRL headed GM Iron Duke 4 cyl block. It was only 21mm wide. I don't recall the tooth count. Plenty strong.
  https://www.gates.com/us/en/knowledge-center/resource-library/product-catalogs.html

This link  has the catalog for these with perhaps the data you want. I Also used the Gates iDrive software to design the idlers and such. Was helpful with positioning and lengths to get the tension right.

My engine was run to 10200 for shifts and performed flawlessly even surviving an idler pulley failure that had the belt half shredded and coming off during a run. fortunately it didn't fail completely, was a record run found in Impound and turned out the be the fastest record of the meet that year.

Hope that helps.
Technical Discussion / Selecting a synchronous belt
« Last post by Jack Gifford on Today at 12:50:03 AM »
I need to select a couple of 8mm pitch belts, 30 mm wide- a 112 tooth and a 134 tooth. The sprockets are traditional tooth profile, not HTD. I can find sources of the belts, but have not been able to find specs- strength, minimum sprocket radius, temperature rating, etc. Most sources don't even state the construction- cord material, etc. Any help would be appreciated. (None of the suppliers responded to my emails).
Build Diaries / Re: Belly Tank Build Diary
« Last post by Jack Gifford on Today at 12:37:21 AM »
Thanks Mike for the info. Who is the manufacturer of the sensors you use?
Items Wanted / Re: 15 Inch Moon disc
« Last post by 836dstr on May 21, 2024, 03:55:22 PM »
Clay,

I have a 15 Moon Disc with cutouts for locating and welding tabs  (3 per wheel). You can have it for the cost of shipping.

Tom
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10