Author Topic: Thanks out to Dan Warner!  (Read 6058 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: Thanks out to Dan Warner!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »
So, is Dan still in charge of impound? I like Dan, and I get along with him well and he is very helpful in the impound area.

He is just temporaritly off the site.  I'm sure he is still in charge of impound, he better be I'll have a Corona waiting for him. :cheers:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »
If you want to see the frustration setting in -- I believe you should review the thread "Once or Twice" under the SCTA Rule classification. 

The right answers were given several times by two or three different people.  I believe they included that the rule was always so, needed clarification, and wasn't justified by quoting older rule books.

Just how I read it.

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline RichFox

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »
I and others did receive a venomous email from a member of the peanut gallery concerning Dan's perceived lack of expertise with thrust powered vehicles. That accounts for one of the two or three individuals that I am aware may be glad if Dan stops posting. I propose that there are many, many more of us that will miss Dan's insight into the history and workings of the SCTA. The list will be materially lessened with Dans departure. Maybe we should have a pole on this issue.... Dan. Stay or Go?...I think the numbers would bring Dan back.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:11:15 PM by RichFox »

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »
Boy, I missed it too.  Just came back from a trip and noticed  this thread today, and speaking for myself, this is a lesser place for not having Dan around.  I am glad to call Dan a friend and I am a better and more knowledgeable person thanks to Dan.  I hope he reconsiders and comes back. I am looking forward to seeing you on the lake bed.  :cheers:
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 07:03:06 PM »
An April Fools joke maybe?
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

McRat

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 07:32:54 PM »
No, it's not a prank. :|

Yeah, I too want Dan to continue to post his thoughts on here, even when I don't agree with them.  :evil:

Dan has been very helpful getting me pointed in the right direction for LSR competition, and I imagine a lot of other "new" racers as well.

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 08:16:30 PM »
I have had the pleasure of knowing Dan for over 30+ years.........yes, we have had our differences
during that time.....but we allways agreed to disagree and leave it at that.....................................
Dan is....and has been, one of the great people
who have made SCTA/BNI the great automotive
land racing organisation it is today......................
But Dan does not suffer fools gladly......so I fully understand him throwing in the towel

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 12:08:04 AM »

How about the FOOLS throw in the towel and we get Dan back. He is a great asset to this sight. Vince
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 07:53:52 AM »
What little bit I know about the "WORKINGS of LSR", I know from guys like Dan "The Mayor", Jim Miller, Lee Kennedy, Bruce, Miler Mike, and many others who so UNselfishly give of their time as volunteers. When I made mistakes in procedures "most" of the time I was instructed how the avoid it next time---when I had a bad case of the DA, I was told I would have to do it over.  NOTHING, but fair and square and straight UP!  Hopefully time will mello the antigonist and heal the wonded.

Thanks Dan and I hope it is a temporary thing!!!!!!!!!1
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline dieselgeek

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »
seriously, who would have problems getting along with Dan?

I remember being an irritating noob, and he STILL was willing to take time of from his day job to pump and seal an engine as it was going into a car that would be impossible to pump on the salt.  I couldn't believe at the time, he was willing to do that.  Didn't know us at all and frankly, we were a bunch of morons.

must take a serious a-hole to get him frustrated because I know for sure - we tried

:-o