Author Topic: 340 mph Motorcycle  (Read 12252 times)

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
Re: 340 mph Motorcycle
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 01:21:12 PM »
Hi Joe,
I agree that some of the claims are hopeless until proven, but the horsepower figure is genuine. Howe long the motor would last on the road would be another thing...
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 01:39:07 PM »
the point is, that a lot of poeple are only talking....but nothing happens...the designer and the team behind the Acabion project built there idea and run the project.

That the idea works, is prooved.....if it ever reach the dreamed target...we have to see...may be never....not on public road....but may be it is necessary to use a so number to get a focus on this project.

The real idea of the Acabion is not to break records.....it's a economy idea.....how much people are driving only by there own into the office....in a seven seater SUV......and blow the gas out for nothing...

The idea is a transportation system for the future to get one or two person with some luggage from one place to a other with a 130 mpg.......with a small engine this bike can do it.....in 1954 the Baum III shows that this is possible - H. P. Mueller done 142 mpg........

To show the potential and the safety, the vehicle has to run at first in a faster configuration - step back is than easy.

The high output and expensive version is there to "sponsor" the development for the smaller configuration.

it's possible to release a 700+ hp engine......if it works on daily use is a other thing......if it's necessary for daily traffic......why we got Ferrari and Lamborghini.......
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 01:46:28 PM »
Porkpie, correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't it take about the same amount of gas to make 750 HP in a motorcycle or SUV?  If it runs 55 - 70 on 12 HP, not that would be a claim easily proven and saleable. 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline guttley782

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 01:56:29 PM »
Good point stainless, but speed and power still seems to attract more attention! The plan is to use a small engine in the road version, something like a 250cc, or 500cc twin. In this increasingly alarming world where we use resources without concern for the future, it still amazes me that "normal" road cars are capable of well over 100mph. Our little Ford Fiesta only has a 1250cc engine, yet it does 100mph. I would rather it does 80 and 10mpg more!
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »
Stainless, the question is simple.....NO

You will ask why.......

for a so streamliner bike is it not necessary to get 750 hp to 150 mph.......a brick of a SUV....needs it.

in other words....the bike will not use the possible power...and when you use not the power....you need not the gas.....

I can explain it also otherwise....when you need more gas.....when a SUV goes up the hill for 1/2 hour...or when it goes down the hill for the same time.......

when you go down you need less pressure to move the car...with the result of less gas.....

the bike can go the same speed with a very small engine...may be 50 hp......and will use may be 15 percent of the gas which the SUV will use...or less

the 750 hp is the promotion king......

As I wrote before...the real idea is to get this bike with a small engine for economy...the big one is to proven and to promote the idea......
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »
Yes I understand the power thing very well, OK promotion is done, time to prove...
Stainless

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »
The famous quote "You can fool some of the people some of the time." That was only the first line.
The second line was "And that's enough to make a decent living."

I'm amazed that somebody is sticking up for this as if it's a viable product.

Fake, scam, BS, liar, and a thousand other terms apply.

This guy is good at selling a concept to make a decent living. He has no product. (Answer: Show me a customer that drives it on the street.) There is a very questionable prototype. It may run, but it WON'T DO what it claims. Show me an independent test by a magazine.

The Moller guy must be related.
As a result of the recent successful hovering flights of the M400 Skycar, Moller International is accepting deposits to secure delivery positions for our M400 Skycar until after the Skycar has flown from hover to full aerodynamic flight and returned (transitioning flight). A limited number of delivery positions are available.

Suckers step up to the plate. At least the Acabion guy isn't taking deposits, probably only taking investors.

"Fully road legal". Do you see a head light anywhere?

GTBO Fuel consumption ECE mix 3.8 l/100 km 85 mpg
GTBO Electric 2.2 l/100 km 85 mpg equivalent
Hmm 3.8=85=2.2 Hmm

I could go on for days.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline guttley782

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2008, 01:43:12 AM »
Dean,
There is a video of the Acabion being driven on a road on the website. Dr Maskus is following his vision, and the only people affected by this project are those upset by his performance claims. The Acabion team have worked hard to develop a superb machine, far superior to the Ecomobile and the Peraves. It is all self-funded, and the quality is extremely high.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 09:08:19 AM »
Well folks, we've just about beat this dead horse to death again.  I'm sure it will show up again next year.  Although with the price of petrol, I would guess they would be better with the 100 mpg claims than the 340 MPH 700... 750 HP claims. 

Snake oil comes in a variety of sizes, don't buy more than you need.... (did Jack say that once)  :roll:
Stainless

bak189

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 10:40:32 AM »
JACK..............WHO.....................................................

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2008, 10:49:30 AM »
Dean,
There is a video of the Acabion being driven on a road on the website. Dr Maskus is following his vision, and the only people affected by this project are those upset by his performance claims. The Acabion team have worked hard to develop a superb machine, far superior to the Ecomobile and the Peraves. It is all self-funded, and the quality is extremely high.

I strongly disagree. This is not about the vehicle. I am sure it is a superb machine. I'm sure the video shows a vehicle that can be driven.

The people affected by this project are the buyers. The unsupported, wild claims made about performance cast a deep shadow over the entire operation. History tells us that this is not a credible operation. Anyone fool hardy enough to give them a deposit may never see a delivery.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.