Author Topic: UTAH ALLIANCE  (Read 135005 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: UTAH ALLIANCE
« Reply #165 on: May 05, 2016, 11:47:46 PM »
News Alert - May 5, 2016

Please see post: Department of Interior Bonneville Salt Flats Fairy Tale

on Save the Salt Coalition or Utah Alliance website links below

http://www.savethesalt.org/
http://www.save-the-salt.org/

"...crust is 5 feet thick..." ????????????  :x  Who is responsible for putting out this crap?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline joea

« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2016, 07:34:53 AM »
Not to worry ....they are now doing a "study"...to help understand the mud dirt and dust that is now being blown around on the salt ...because of its impact to the "ecosystem"...

Just the facts

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :x :x :x :x
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »
Mark;

Regarding your first paragraph- isn't that pretty much how the whole government works these days? The present political climate is based on many folks finally getting fed up with things as they are.

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2016, 08:30:22 AM »
Is there a liaison at Intrepid who would be willing to talk directly with us about our "simple solution"?  Since we all know BLM and the Utah Alliance will take decades to make any form of decision, maybe working around them is the more appropriate solution?  It would be good press for Intrepid to help save the salt, even if it simply means taking baby steps at this point.  You have to assume someone there is reading this forum in attempt to stay one step ahead of us. 
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2016, 10:11:22 AM »
Is there a liaison at Intrepid who would be willing to talk directly with us about our "simple solution"?  Since we all know BLM and the Utah Alliance will take decades to make any form of decision, maybe working around them is the more appropriate solution?  It would be good press for Intrepid to help save the salt, even if it simply means taking baby steps at this point.  You have to assume someone there is reading this forum in attempt to stay one step ahead of us.  

Utah Alliance is effectively "us" and they've made huge progress in the last short while compared to any other effort that's been made. I'm sure they'll continue to make efforts in any direction possible to continue any progress that's been accomplished.

Pete

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2016, 10:23:55 AM »
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like the Utah Alliance is part of the problem.   I meant to be that BLM is slowing things down and Utah Alliance should work around BLM to get something accomplished, if anyone at Intrepid is willing to let us work on preventing runoff.  That's a HUGE "if" but it sure appears that's the next chess piece to be moved.  Again, imagine the positive press (incentive) for Intrepid!    The donkey won't move if we don't dangle a carrot. 
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.

velocity

« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2016, 03:19:52 PM »
JOINT SAVE THE SALT AND UTAH ALLIANCE PRESS RELEASE POSTED MAY 10, 2016:

"DEPARTMENT OF INTERIOR FAIRY TALE"

FOR DETAILS LOG ONTO:

WWW.SAVETHESALT.ORG

WWW.SAVE-THE-SALT.ORG

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2016, 07:11:16 PM »

Unable to find any new press release dated 5/10/2016 on either site.

http://www.save-the-salt.org/news/
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline jl222

« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2016, 02:38:51 AM »
Mark;

Regarding your first paragraph- isn't that pretty much how the whole government works these days? The present political climate is based on many folks finally getting fed up with things as they are.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Neil,

Yes, I believe you are correct.     The problem, as I see it, is that angry people continue to vote against their own self interest(s), electing representatives who are in bed with the ultra wealthy elites.     Why does this happen?   I wish I knew.

But, it is also important for me to note that many of the "angry Hippies" that were protesting at the '68 Democratic Convention with me, and wanted to ultimately "change the World", have somehow turned into a cadre of insult shouting, would be "hipsters".    They want to build border fences, deport minorities, prevent immigration of those with religious beliefs that do not match theirs, and "Police the entire Globe".     Using nuclear arms, if necessary . . . . . . . etc, etc, etc . . . . .    We, as taxpayers, can not continue to fund these "burdens".

I can not fathom what has happened to my friends from high school and college.    It is no surprise to me that the "Donald", "loves the under educated."

Louise, I sincerely apologize for this thread hi-jack and will say no more.

Respectfully,
Mark

That's deport illegal immigrants [they sure as hell put me out of my tile business] work an elitist like you, looks down his nose at.
 A temporary ban on Muslims to vet them to make sure their not terrorist. Ever heard of San Bernardino?
 Look up the Koran and all the directives to kill the infidels or non believers. And you want them in?
  Yeah and build a big ass wall to keep The illegals and drugs out.
  Don't forget about fair trade and bringing jobs back.
 While your at it look up the minimum wage in Mexico .62 cents an hr. China .80 And India .28  The U.S. social security tax on 8 hrs min wage is more than Mexico's daily min wage, And if you can get your highly educated mind to add up all the other U.S. requirements, work mans comp, State disability ,unemployment insurance ECT.
 With these low wages does your highly educated mind think it might be cheaper to build factories in these countries?

Ford boy.. if your for illegal immigrants ...drugs... non vetted Muslims that believe in the Koran ... open borders and rip off trade
deals. The WITCH OF BENCAZIE IS YOUR BITCH.

jl222

Online krusty

« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2016, 07:20:48 AM »
Everyone should go back and read "Forum Rules" prior to posting, especially in this contentious election year. This forum is about Landracing.

vic

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2016, 10:13:42 AM »

work an elitist like you, looks down his nose at.

I have to stop you right there.

Mark's skills as a finish carpenter and wood worker, along with his automotive engineering prowess and fabrication skills, indeed, put him in the class of the elite.

And also know this - if Mark is looking down his nose at such work - work I've watched him perform - it's a fair bet that there's sweat dripping from that nose, and that work is being accomplished at a very high level of skill.

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2016, 11:47:26 AM »
Okay, folks -- it's time to get back to the main idea of landracing.com - land speed racing and the manifold variations thereof.

But not the tangent this thread just headed for.  Please.  Okay?  Consider following my dictum:

I never argue politics, I never argue religion, and I NEVER tell a woman that her baby is ugly.
[/size][/color]

Follow that concept and there'll be little stress in your life.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2016, 08:43:27 AM »
Jon - you offer great wisdom.  I would add that if a woman ever asks you a question like, "Does this dress make me look fat," I suggest you lie.

Joe

gkabbt

« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2016, 06:45:09 PM »

The WITCH OF BENCAZIE IS YOUR BITCH.

jl222

BENCAZIE

ROTFLMMFGDAO!!!!!

Geronimo!