Author Topic: SpeedWeek funding and swag sale  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
SpeedWeek funding and swag sale
« on: July 23, 2023, 10:53:25 PM »
I'd appreciate it if you'd toss a couple of bucks into the Paypal account here.  Once I'm out there my expenses drop quite a bit (a perk of volunteering), but traveling  costs some $$$.  Thanks.

Also:  I digging throught my accumulation of swag.  I think I'll assemble the stuff into "grab bags" and sell 'em.  I've got books (unopened) and some 3D laser engraved lucite blocks with the Burkland streamliner in some, the EZ Hook bike in some others.  DVDs both professional and not-so-pro.  T-shirts galore but probably in the wrong size so I won't count those as past of the "price" -- just want to reduce inventory.  Let's see - I've got 1 coffee cup that's modeled after a Stromberg 97, and a coffee cup & shotglass that were engraved table gifts at the 2013 200 MPH Club banquet.

Anybody want rulebooks?  I've got duplicates of most years 2001 and up.  Programs?  Yup.  As I dig through it I'll no doubt find more treasures, like a repro of the Oct.1948 program for the Russetta Timing Ass'n.

I don't expect to ask more than thirty or fifty bucks for these - I'll divvy up the stuff and decide - then letcha know. 

Thanks.  See you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Online Speed Limit 1000

Re: SpeedWeek funding and swag sale
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 11:18:43 PM »
Do you have anything from 1994? Poster, program or tee shirt?
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 09:21:01 AM »
Slim... $25 mystery bags... in brown bags.... no peeking... you won't know what you get till you pick one...
Either way some website cash is on the way  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 02:06:07 PM »
Donation sent :)
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2023, 09:19:40 PM »
Yes I did, Scott, and thank you very much.  I'll put your name on an EZ Hook and have it with me next week.  And a few more folks have been kind enough to forward some $$.  Thanks you guys, too.  There's always room for another donation.

As for the mystery bags:  I've dug up some books and DVDs, and I've found at least THREE BIG Boxes of shirts.  First of all - there won't be many L or XL shirts - those sizes always go fast.  I'm gonna put some in each bag, more to empty the basement than to sell 'em at retail.  If you get one or more that doesn't fit you - - give it to a kid or to someone that'd get a kick out of a race t-shirt.  Or use them to clean the emesis basins in your house.  Further announcer sayeth not.

Well, another item:  I'll turn on the audio stream for a test tomorrow or the next day.  I'll letcha know when and then ask for any comments.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline edinlr

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023, 04:18:19 PM »
Done, no grab bag needed, thanks for all that you do.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 06:32:42 PM »
I'm feeling a little dim, but what Paypal account???   cromag
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 07:34:30 PM »
Top right of this page...Click on Back to Landracing.com Homepage...When that opens, on the left you will see Support the site.  :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2023, 10:29:06 PM »
Thanks to the bunch of youse guys that have donated for SpeedWeek.  I'll do my best to make the event better for everyone.  After all, if I didn't make it out there - - everyone (EVERYONE) on the salt would be very unhappy.  I couldn't do that the this bunch.

(For those who wonder WTF I'm talking about, please be advised that for 15 years or so I've been the Potentate of Porta Potties, herding 6 dozen or so of 'em at SpeedWeek.  Please consider a moment of silence in respect for me as you proceed to void.  Gentlemen, please stand attention but don't salute.  Your hands have something else to do).)

You're welcome.

Grab bags and other offerings:  I've found some cool stuff and some "Dang, I'd forgot about this" stuff.  For Instance, I found 42 square shot glasses laser engraved with the landracing.com logo on one side and "Save the Salt" on another.  Let me know if you'd like any - - otherwise I'll divvy 'em up in the bags, like 4/bag. 

I've got a near-complete set of rulebooks from '01 through the present.  Are you a collector?  Here's a set for you, and some of them are even labelled Seldom Seen Slim.  How's that for a stupendous bit of history to put in YOUR library?  Let me know, and by then I might have found the few I don't see right now.  Ditto official programs - I've got most of 'em from the same era, and I've found some old USFRA programs, too.  I'm an accumulator rather than a collector.  That means I bring home collectibles and promptly ignore them, not polish and collate and curate and halogen spotlight 'em.  It also means that this stuff is by and large in at least very good condition.

I just found an unopened box with John Baechtel's Goldenrod book.  Dang, I didn't have the foresight to ask him to sign it when I bought it - and now he's dead.  May he Rest in Peace.  The book is uncirculated and perfect.  It'll either be in one of the bags or one of you will contact me and tell me how much you want the book so I save it for you.  I've got a copy, still sealed in the wrapper, of "A Century of Speed".  Some Turbinator posters and some 6x9 black and white OLD prints of the Summers Brothers and the Goldenrod (same image on each).

And that ain't all, folks, but it gives you an idea of what is moving away from my house this week.  I'll assemble the bags before -- so don't you dawdle, or be ready to reward me handsomely for going through bags until I find your precious gee-gaw.

I found one book that will be staying with me.  That book is shown here, and in the next post is a pic of me taken in front of Mr. Ferge's portrait in the store at Ballarat.  Yeah, I know - I was lookin' kinda crispy that day.  It's something that happens when you're riding a motorcycle around in Death Valley.

Anyway - thank you very much.  I really am humbled by the $$ you've sent.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2023, 10:30:58 PM »
Me and the real SSS
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2023, 10:50:09 PM »
yea... you're both old folkers....  :friday  lol8
Stainless

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2023, 10:52:50 PM »
Yah Yah Yah.  Thanks for reminding me of something else that I'll be moving out of my stuff:  A certain can of beer from Australia, including a coozie, will be on offer.  I believe you should tell the story, Stainless.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2023, 11:00:09 PM »
There's a Beer, Coozie and Aussie Story???? Damn I'm old... not sure I remember  :?  cromag
Stainless

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2023, 12:05:16 PM »
In re:  Live Streaming.

It's noon and I just now switched on the stream with no sound but a photograph.  Check it out, please, so I know it's really working.  Later I'll see if I can get sound on it.
And - It's paid up for the entire event --- thanks to you kind folks.   :clap :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline rockracer

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2023, 02:17:00 PM »
Saw the photo,  no sound yet.   :cheers:
Donated. These mystery bags sound interesting.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 11:44:49 PM by rockracer »