Author Topic: Live Feed????  (Read 4580 times)

Offline SpeedRacer93

Re: Live Feed????
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2023, 04:37:19 PM »
Slim we all missed your voice. 
Tim needs some tips.  I got tired of hearing about this Alex girl,  not sure what that was all about.  Is she really a gearhead or just another pretty face.

Alex Taylor come from the Drag and Drive arena where she has been racing since she was 16 years old.  She has won a number these events and has been in the mid 6's and 220 MPH in the quarter mile. She has also done a couple NHRA ProMod races.   She is a host on Hot Rod Garage on Motortrend TV.   

She has a Youtube channel with 125k subscribers but she is not consistent in her uploads.   She will start a series of upload for race and just stop halfway through.  I am not a big fan, just know of her and have watch her on Motortrend and Youtube.

Offline Happy Pappy

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2023, 04:54:38 PM »
So did she get her B license?? I was watching but audio coverage was hit & miss at that point.
...Yea really missed Ron & Slim. Hope they were able to broadcast over the local FM station so the spectators were kept up on whats really happening waaaaay out there.
Chris Campbell
2017 #203 G/GR El mirage record 150.771
2020 #62 C/AIR El Mirage record 180.828
6/21 #62 C/AIR El Mirage record 185.488
9/21 #62 C/AIR El Mirage record 194.450

Offline SpeedRacer93

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2023, 04:57:48 PM »
So did she get her B license?? I was watching but audio coverage was hit & miss at that point.
...Yea really missed Ron & Slim. Hope they were able to broadcast over the local FM station so the spectators were kept up on whats really happening waaaaay out there.

I think she got her A license but broke when trying for the 256 MPH record that the car already holds.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2023, 05:06:54 PM »
Going thru the results as careful as I can (?) -- it looks like if you need a Bonneville record, bikes are the answer. Out of the 13 bike records, 5 needed to make 2 complete runs to collect.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline jl222

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2023, 05:50:58 PM »

I think she got her A license but broke when trying for the 256 MPH record that the car already holds.

I met her while waiting in Rodger Beckmans pits? at the Montego Bay race car parking area.

Great little gal and driving Rogers many records holding Camaro. Alex has gone over 200 in the six second time with a 55 chev. And way faster in pro mod

JL222.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 05:52:29 PM by jl222 »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2023, 01:49:31 AM »
It's over.  I'll leave town tomorrow morning. 

I'm so danged sorry that I couldn't stream 100% of the event.  Dammit!  The JetPack (takes signal from the phone system and creates wi-fi) battery went bad and it seems that there aren't any here in Wendover.  I'm very sorry.

In a way, though, it wasn't the best event it might have been if we'd had better weather.  The mood was pretty gloomy - can we have an event with this?  Yes, we did.  The track was funky for sure.  I talked with car and bike racers from slow to fast, and many of 'em told about getting sideways too many times going down the track.  But yet - there was only 1 spin, and that was the Saab "Flying Pickle") - - which is front wheel drive.  We had only one stretch of salt to use for a course, so it had lights at the 1, 2 and three.  So to speak we had a short course only.  Chris Raschke went 333 on that course of questionable integrity.  Jim Hoogerhyde went 254.  It wasn't hopeless.

But then - - so many cars and bikes ran way below their record.  Lots went about 50% of their usual, be they roadsters or motorcycles or whatever.  I don't know why it happened.

Boyoboy I hope the weather in the next few weeks is just right and there's a great course for WoS.  More important, I hope the access road heals.  It's quite the challenge today after heavy traffic through the mess.  In some of the salt potholes mud can be seen at the bottom.  I hope it's muddy salt - it doesn't turn so funky and slippery as does unsalted mud.

Thanks to everyone that stopped to chat, to everyone that took pictures/selfies of/with me, to the spectators that gave me snacks and drinks and that stuff, and to everyone in general.  It was my pleasure.  I'll get the entire frickin' system working before next time.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2023, 08:26:07 AM »
Jon,

don't worry

we have to say thank you for all you done (and Ron)

fighting against electric gremlins is mostly a lost fight....and getting it fixed in Wendover would have been a miracle....

have a safe trip home and we hear you again from the WoS

the meet himself....luckily...some teams were clever enough and took the opportunity to get drivers and riders the chance to get their license runs...the one who run their license on that salt collect also a lot experience for the future

stay crazy
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2023, 08:29:13 AM »
It's over.  I'll leave town tomorrow morning. 

I'm so danged sorry that I couldn't stream 100% of the event.  Dammit!  The JetPack (takes signal from the phone system and creates wi-fi) battery went bad and it seems that there aren't any here in Wendover.  I'm very sorry.

In a way, though, it wasn't the best event it might have been if we'd had better weather.  The mood was pretty gloomy - can we have an event with this?  Yes, we did.  The track was funky for sure.  I talked with car and bike racers from slow to fast, and many of 'em told about getting sideways too many times going down the track.  But yet - there was only 1 spin, and that was the Saab "Flying Pickle") - - which is front wheel drive.  We had only one stretch of salt to use for a course, so it had lights at the 1, 2 and three.  So to speak we had a short course only.  Chris Raschke went 333 on that course of questionable integrity.  Jim Hoogerhyde went 254.  It wasn't hopeless.

But then - - so many cars and bikes ran way below their record.  Lots went about 50% of their usual, be they roadsters or motorcycles or whatever.  I don't know why it happened.

Boyoboy I hope the weather in the next few weeks is just right and there's a great course for WoS.  More important, I hope the access road heals.  It's quite the challenge today after heavy traffic through the mess.  In some of the salt potholes mud can be seen at the bottom.  I hope it's muddy salt - it doesn't turn so funky and slippery as does unsalted mud.

Thanks to everyone that stopped to chat, to everyone that took pictures/selfies of/with me, to the spectators that gave me snacks and drinks and that stuff, and to everyone in general.  It was my pleasure.  I'll get the entire frickin' system working before next time.

Jon...thanks so much for everything you do...your dedication to the sport is amazing, and it makes the event so much better for those of us who can't be there...as for the glitches and problems, what would racing be without them?  :-D
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2023, 09:19:20 AM »
Hey Jon,
It's not your fault that there is no Verizon store in Wendover to replace your Jetpack! I loved hearing the Jon and Ron show for 2 days. It was awesome to have your audio and the YouTube video playing at the same time. Thanks for that!

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2023, 10:46:54 AM »
Jon - Slim and  Tim Johnson did an excellent job with limited resources.   I was impressed with the effort put forth by SCTA to get an event in under very trying conditions.   There is no way to control the weather.  Great job by all.  Hoping for improving conditions for BMST end of the month and World of Speed after that.

Joe

Offline tauruck

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2023, 10:50:19 AM »
I agree with Don.

Stuff happens. Thanks for the effort Boss.👊👊👊👊

Offline JC Sparks

• www.JCSPARKS1.com
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2023, 02:16:30 PM »
 We appreciate what you do SSS!!
Nitromethane is liquid heroin.