Author Topic: CB Radio  (Read 364 times)

Offline wjpierce

• New folks
CB Radio
« on: August 13, 2023, 01:21:09 PM »
Hello,  my name is Bill Pierce and am a rookie rider and am registered for BMST 2023.
Somewhere I read that each support vehicle must have a CB radio.  I did purchase one last year when we were rained off. My question is: are CBs required at BMST and Speed week or is that only a SCTA regulation.  Thank you.

Offline drc42

Re: CB Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 02:23:19 PM »
I didn't have one when I attended in 2019.  I don't think they are used for BMST (but certainly are for speedweek, probably where you saw that info).  An FM radio is useful, they broadcast info on that.  A cheapo battery radio is nice for when you are sitting around working on the bike so you don't kill the battery in your vehicle.

Offline wjpierce

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 03:42:04 PM »
Thanks.  I think you must be right. I'll bring a small radio with me, good idea.

Offline gowing

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 03:47:43 PM »
drc is correct. You do not need a CB at BMST  but DO take an FM radio with you.

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 07:03:33 PM »
As others have said, no CB radios at BMST. However I wish crew and officials DID have CB radios so they could communicate like at Speedweek. I don't know why they do not want radio communication. There have been lots of times when my crew and other crews did not know where where the rider was stopped or crashed, but there is no way to find out.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer