Author Topic: World's Fastest Sunbeam is....for Sale!  (Read 1318 times)

Offline drmayf

• New folks
  • TWFS (w)
    • Mayfield Motorsports
World's Fastest Sunbeam is....for Sale!
« on: September 23, 2020, 01:31:37 PM »
World?s Fastest Sunbeam -Sales notification

Some of you are acquainted with this car.  We built it for one single purpose and that was to have something to do in retirement. I had a mission statement for myself and that was to go faster than the very first car to set a record over 200 mph.  Note that I did not have a need for speed per se, but just the goal of going faster. The car and I succeeded on Sept 16th, 2010 at a USFRA meet.  I had planned and did return to the salt with a normally aspirated engine but the salt was poor that year and I decided that I no longer really wanted to continue with this activity.  So, the ?World?s Fastest Sunbeam, Period?  is for sale.  I want to sell it as a complete package. What does that include? Everything.  I consider it a starting point for someone who wants to improve on what was built using the bits and pieces.  I have on my website, a presentation I made to the STOA club in 2011 which has a lot of the details of the car. Some have changed a bit, but it is the essence of it.  Here is the link:  www.mayfco.com/TEAE2011.pdf . It will download to your desktop and it has descriptions and photos, go the pages which have the 2010 configuration described.  My web site is hosted by Ipage and is swept daily for virus and hacks and there are no commercials or click ads at all. Feel free to wander around the site if you want. Jon W. has made reference to the tech analyses on it, feel free to use any and everything if it helps you in your endeavors.  I am seeking genuine offers to purchase the car and all the bits and pieces. Note that nearly all of the stuff I used or have on hand for the car will be included. One such is a Mexican 302 block to be used to make the current baseline 302 Ford engine much stronger. I have a Nexgen head restraint to go with this. I am tossing in a T72 turbo, rebuilt and then balanced by Turbonetics, the parachute and system, The fuel system. Fuel that has been stored (Rick said it would be ok if tightly closed). I have a front windshield with plexi-glass. I have a hard top that is basically rust held together with a prayer.  By the way, this was my one and only attempt to build any kind of car, so many, many, improvements can be made.  I will even toss in an ACER netbook which has the EFI and data and acquisition stiff on it.  After looking at the presentation, last configuration and if you want more info, please email me, not on the forum.  The car is basically disassembled right now. But can be put together enough to trailer.  And there are one or two things that will not be included (very short list).
I will be happy to answer any and all questions regarding the car and bits and pieces.

So happy searching and please make me an honest offer for the car and everything that goes with it. This is not a give-away, but I am reasonable.  And hurry, lol, I am nearing 79 years of age?

Larry Mayfield
drmayf to most of you or just mayf
drmayf@mayfco.com

Pahrump, NV
drmayf
Pahrump, NV
Home to the
World's Fastest Sunbeam (wannabe)

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
Re: World's Fastest Sunbeam is....for Sale!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 08:30:30 PM »
Larry, I remember that run very well! It was my first USFRA event and I got to meet you and Ed Iskenderian.  :cheers:
I enjoyed your presentation and was pleasantly surprised to find you and yours truly on page 13.  :?
This should make someone a great starter kit! Good luck on your sale!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: World's Fastest Sunbeam is....for Sale!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 09:10:48 PM »
We'll miss you, Mayf. I hope you can get back to Bonneville now and then to visit.

Regards, Neil
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ