Author Topic: Stockton Wheel  (Read 5500 times)

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
Re: Stockton Wheel
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »
Try Bassett Wheel at 888.888.7199 Ask for Steve. Basset is the only US manufacturer who fabricates ALL of the wheel compontents and they plan on getting into LSR.
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 02:19:10 PM »
LOL Anyone that complains about Stockton wheels being slow has never dealt with Taylormade wheels.

Doug,
I need to clean my keyboard as I just spit coffee all over it from laughing.
Tom G.

It has been awhile now but I sent a bent wheel to Stockton to be straightened. The guy I talked to said it would take two days once they got it. Well it took four days, big deal. Got my wheel back and it was perfect. They saved me over $100, and at least a 6 month to a year wait to have a wheel made by the original manufacturer.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline mkilger

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 07:35:23 PM »
 Cook motorsports now makes steel LSR wheels 15-18 in 951-278-4243

Offline dickj

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 07:39:55 PM »
Stockton Wheel made some wheels for my 53 Stude a couple of years ago and I was very pleased with their product.
DickJ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 10:59:49 PM »
Now don't you go picki'n on Taylor and Chuck--- theys is OUR friends and make DAM good STUFF
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline manifest

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
Called Stockton Friday afternoon and asked about my fronts I had ordered in January.  They ironically said they were getting packaged up and sent out as we spoke.  They build quality wheels and aren't sky high on prices, just gotta stay in touch with them it seems.

Offline doug odom

• Global Moderator
    • popmotorsports.com
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 11:18:14 AM »
Sparky, I'm not pickin on them. I'm just stating facts. They make great wheels and the price is not bad. The only problem is they make them at their pace. Their main business is NOT LSR wheels so you get them when they are done making them. Talking to Capt. Billy at Bonneville he said that is why Cook Motorsports had started making LSR wheels.
Doug Odom in big ditch

How old would you be now if you didn't know how old you are?
If you can't race it or take it to bed - it ain't worth having.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 11:00:27 AM »
I'm in the middle of a disaster with Stockton Wheel right now. I sent them some 18's to narrow up, back in early december & 13 weeks later I have 4 rims that are so far out of wack they are unusable. We are still communicating but I don't like my chances of ending up with 4 round wheels. The worst one is .140" up & down & .160" sideways. The best one is .070".  I'm having a little trouble understanding how that gets past their quality inspection. You be the judge!
  PS, House, You were right!