Author Topic: Things not to bring if you're superstitious:  (Read 17075 times)

roadtrip

Re: Things not to bring if you're superstitious:
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 08:44:52 PM »
So ...... if Mr. Schultz, and the peanut guy in the top hat, and that sweetheart in the Planters TV commercials showed up in a green golf cart ........... bad news, huh?

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 09:04:18 PM »
So ...... if Mr. Schultz, and the peanut guy in the top hat, and that sweetheart in the Planters TV commercials showed up in a green golf cart ........... bad news, huh?

Yep, you're toast-- don't bother even getting out of bed that morning.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
Re: Things not to bring if your superstitious:
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 09:50:55 PM »
When Roger Penske was asked why he had green trim on his Miller High Life sponsered Indy cars his answer was "...green is the color of money..."

DW

True, green is the color of money but dirt and salt can counter that.   They make it disappear!  Rapidly.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 10:32:03 PM »
something strange just happened---i googled  bad luck green and was reading about the chevrolet brother that was killed in a green car --then i went to --green bay packers when my screen went green and starting downloading differant windows faster than i could delete them --the computer wouldnt shut down--i had to unplug it from the wall to get it to shut down --i told you green aint good   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 10:51:22 PM »
something strange just happened---i googled  bad luck green and was reading about the chevrolet brother that was killed in a green car

Not that I doubt everyones green car story, but the reason Gaston Chevrolet died was he made a unsafe move to pass Eddie O'Donnell's Dusenberg on the outside of turn one of the Beverly Hills Bord track when both cars collided.  Even though both drivers were killed Chevrolet's riding mechanic Johnnie Bresnahan was un-injured.  After the crash a young Tommy Milton was given that car to drive and he went on to win the Indy 500  and made a name for him self as one of the top drivers at that time.  I was having dinner with Tommy Milton III after pulling patrol duty late last year and he mentioned this story and his family history. 

As for peanuts, Paul Newman won the GT-1 national championship along with some Trans-AM races with Planters sponsorship and Mr. Peanut plastered all over his car.

Personally I don't worry about this stuff, but give me a number that can be read upside down, I wont drive the car :-o
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:53:16 PM by maguromic »
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 11:49:58 PM »
I heard that the reason for not riding green motorcycles had to do with military bikes being green.
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline Mac

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 02:21:18 AM »
I wanted to bring gumboots just incase it "......" but was told it was bad luck. (bad luck to use "that" word as well.  :-))

Miriam

Offline mrdodge

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 03:37:15 AM »
On the green thing. Because green was considered "bad luck" on racing cars  in the early years of of the last century, W O Bentley (of Bentley cars fame) had his racing Bentleys painted such a dark green that they were almost black, and so British Racing Green was born...
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs....it's quite possible you haven't grasped the situation

Offline Bob Ellis

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 03:59:43 AM »
There was an article on NHRA.com-dragster insider,regarding the topic of peanuts,green,and women in the pits.Funny reading.some stuff about peanut shells getting in the injecters,green cars crashing etc,and about some guy too busywatching a girl,and forgetting to tighten lugnuts.Worth the read.Upside down numbers?Never thought about it till reading maguromic's post,My no.  66 C/GCC. Should i be worried?? Cheers,Bob.
Wanna go fast??  Come to Lake Gairdner! (It's Down Under!!)

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 06:33:39 AM »
All bad luck gets cancelled out when wearing your "lucky undies" eh Bob!

Offline wolbrink471

• Wolbrink Race
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »
something strange just happened---i googled  bad luck green and was reading about the chevrolet brother that was killed in a green car --then i went to --green bay packers when my screen went green and starting downloading differant windows faster than i could delete them --the computer wouldnt shut down--i had to unplug it from the wall to get it to shut down --i told you green aint good   willie buchta

That's not funny!!

By the way Willie, thanks for the heads up on the Seca II front wheel! I am still trying to find one that costs less than the shipping, but the work continues with a 2x4 front wheel!

Mark
more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike at...... www.wolbrinkrace.com

Offline DavidinDurango

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 09:24:05 AM »
Old Paul Newman has some kind of magic I'll never enjoy - I'm sure the peanuts juju could never touch him.
DavidinDurango
Mostly Fords with "some stuff"
LSR, because it takes more than one ball to play.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 09:34:56 AM »
I can't believe you grown folks believe in any of this stuff....  :? Superstition?  You can't be serious....  :-o

Oh crap, now I remember... that big list hotrod posted reminded me to pack my lucky shorts....  :roll:

See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 09:52:53 AM »
Would you believe that when I walked into my cube this morning there was a half an empty peanut shell staring at (or is that mocking) me?  :-o

I think I should take the rest of the day off & go home to bed!  :-D

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 11:34:56 AM »
It OK if you have a green car or bike.

You just need to swing a dead cat by the tail over your head 3 times at midnight (in the nude).
80% of the time....it works everytime.

Anyone remember that it is unlucky to have women on the ship????
Most sailors would rather jump overboard than to know there was a woman aboard.
This one it true.....
wont catch me on any boat with any of them there women folk!

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)