Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Powered by only 175cc, it's not likely that you'll have to deal with much excessive spinning of your rear tire.  I'd keep that one
relatively lightweight and narrow, and use a good amount of pressure in it.

I don't guess that you'd go much faster than about 130 mph (give or take a few mph).  The bike's top speed probably would not be much affected by whether you have rear suspension, but for the sake of comfort I'd suggest no rigid rear end.  I would favor a
relatively small diameter, lightweight front wheel & tire with little rebound damping in the front suspension, in order to keep
the front tire well-grounded.  Good luck.
Formulas / mytopbestblogger
« Last post by xiebile on Today at 01:13:40 AM »
[Cassia Seed and Chrysanthemum Tea] One cup an afternoon can clean the liver, improve eyesight, and shield the heart and liver! Suitable for folks who stay up late and paintings time beyond regulation, have a bad complexion, are prone to acne, have horrific breath, are in poor situation, have hair loss, have spots, have a horrific mood, and have fat!

https://www.mytopbestblogger.com
Bonneville General Chat / Re: The camera on the salt flats
« Last post by Dodge Brother on Today at 12:41:28 AM »
Build Diaries / Re: Midship Raceabout 1 Seater - Lakester
« Last post by bubruins on May 04, 2024, 07:56:17 PM »
I am. I'm not sure which pump I'll use. For the engine cooling water I've purchased a Davies Craig standalone electric unit that modulates water bases on temp. For the intercooler it's tempting to use the same, but $300, could be saved using a boat bilge pump.
« Last post by Seldom Seen Slim on May 04, 2024, 07:12:57 PM »
Ditto
THE place for (what you think is) funny stuff. / Re: Blonde joke
« Last post by Seldom Seen Slim on May 04, 2024, 07:12:30 PM »
True story:  When I was at Michigan Tech (in Houghton) I worked at WMPL AM & FM.  Many local elders thought that we broadcast American Music on AM, Finnish music on the FM side.

Sunday 10AM:  The Finnish Hour, followed by Finnish-language services from the Finnish Apostolic Lutheran Church at 11.
« Last post by WZ JUNK on May 04, 2024, 06:13:20 PM »
I can not access the camera   :x
Build Diaries / Re: Midship Raceabout 1 Seater - Lakester
« Last post by Rex Schimmer on May 04, 2024, 05:04:28 PM »
Just the fact that you are using ice makes a big difference in the cooling capacity. Are you to pump the water though the intercooler? If so make sure that the water flow rate is high, the faster the water runs through the cooler the more heat you will take out.

Rex
Aerodynamics / Re: C/GALT Body Stretch??
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on May 04, 2024, 03:03:55 PM »
Please read the rule again.
The body stretch must be in the "cowl area in front of the firewall". 
I understand that "cowl area" is rather vague
Defined as: cowl: the top portion of the front part of an automobile body forward of the two front doors to which are attached the windshield and instrument board.
Which presents a problem since the firewall is at the front edge of the cowl. I think it should read as the area immediately in front of the firewall. That would also increase WB for stability, get some added engine setback and not add any streamlining effect.

Thank you for your interpretation.  Maybe I was wrong thinking the wheelbase had to remain stock for the Classic part of C/GALT.  It was just confusing how to stretch this area that didn't change many other measurements.  Just polling the masses.

The Websters definition of "cowl" doesn't matter when it comes to SCTA rules since it's defined in the rule book under 4.MM.
As far as wheelbase goes in the Altered class, it's open since "any frame can be used". Keep in mind that this cannot affect the body requirements/restrictions of the class.
This is not an "official" statement, and you should check with the committee chair for confirmation.
Cheers.

This makes sense.  Thank you
Aerodynamics / Re: C/GALT Body Stretch??
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on May 04, 2024, 03:02:25 PM »
Want the cheapest 300 h.p. you will ever buy?? Call Janek  and order a Daytona nose and wing.

Thanks  Not sure about 300hp, but maybe 150hp.   I have spoke to Grant about wings and noses.  I would like to not do that as there are already several wing cars out there.  No c500 cars.  I will if I need to, I have the flush back window is done  already and that is the hard part. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10