Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Aerodynamics / Re: C/GALT Body Stretch??
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on Today at 03:03:55 PM »
Please read the rule again.
The body stretch must be in the "cowl area in front of the firewall". 
I understand that "cowl area" is rather vague
Defined as: cowl: the top portion of the front part of an automobile body forward of the two front doors to which are attached the windshield and instrument board.
Which presents a problem since the firewall is at the front edge of the cowl. I think it should read as the area immediately in front of the firewall. That would also increase WB for stability, get some added engine setback and not add any streamlining effect.

Thank you for your interpretation.  Maybe I was wrong thinking the wheelbase had to remain stock for the Classic part of C/GALT.  It was just confusing how to stretch this area that didn't change many other measurements.  Just polling the masses.

The Websters definition of "cowl" doesn't matter when it comes to SCTA rules since it's defined in the rule book under 4.MM.
As far as wheelbase goes in the Altered class, it's open since "any frame can be used". Keep in mind that this cannot affect the body requirements/restrictions of the class.
This is not an "official" statement, and you should check with the committee chair for confirmation.
Cheers.

This makes sense.  Thank you
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on Today at 03:02:25 PM »
Want the cheapest 300 h.p. you will ever buy?? Call Janek  and order a Daytona nose and wing.

Thanks  Not sure about 300hp, but maybe 150hp.   I have spoke to Grant about wings and noses.  I would like to not do that as there are already several wing cars out there.  No c500 cars.  I will if I need to, I have the flush back window is done  already and that is the hard part. 
« Last post by MRK on Today at 01:46:39 PM »
Defined as: cowl: the top portion of the front part of an automobile body forward of the two front doors to which are attached the windshield and instrument board.
Which presents a problem since the firewall is at the front edge of the cowl. I think it should read as the area immediately in front of the firewall. That would also increase WB for stability, get some added engine setback and not add any streamlining effect.

Thank you for your interpretation.  Maybe I was wrong thinking the wheelbase had to remain stock for the Classic part of C/GALT.  It was just confusing how to stretch this area that didn't change many other measurements.  Just polling the masses.

The Websters definition of "cowl" doesn't matter when it comes to SCTA rules since it's defined in the rule book under 4.MM.
As far as wheelbase goes in the Altered class, it's open since "any frame can be used". Keep in mind that this cannot affect the body requirements/restrictions of the class.
This is not an "official" statement, and you should check with the committee chair for confirmation.
Cheers.
Build Diaries / Re: Midship Raceabout 1 Seater - Lakester
« Last post by bubruins on Today at 01:24:38 PM »
Indeed, it is the clavicle but you beat me on rib count. First time ever breaking a bone for me!

The intercooler is a drag racing style air to water so the only air passing through is boost from turbo. Rated for heat saturation over a 8 second drag pass, but should be plenty for my power goals for a minute. The question will be if 14 gallons of ice water is enough on an e85/e100 tune.
« Last post by floydjer on Today at 01:18:53 PM »
Want the cheapest 300 h.p. you will ever buy?? Call Janek  and order a Daytona nose and wing.
THE place for (what you think is) funny stuff. / Re: Blonde joke
« Last post by Stainless1 on Today at 01:18:34 PM »
I heard Marybeth bought a new AM radio and is now looking for a PM radio so she can also listen in the afternoon
 :cheers:
Build Diaries / Re: Midship Raceabout 1 Seater - Lakester
« Last post by Rex Schimmer on Today at 01:08:50 PM »
Is the "new" ti hardware on your clavicle? I have broken my left one 3 times but only once in multiple places. I did it once and got 6 ribs at the same time, all on dirt bikes.So I can say I really do feel for you. It does make doing almost anything difficult so we won't hold it against you that you are not working on the lakester.

Are you planning to put the intercooler in a water box? Big time aero drag if you run air through it. Most of them can easily be cut down to a smaller size and still be very effective.

Get well!!!
Rex
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on Today at 07:22:12 AM »

« Last post by 37 ROADSTER on May 03, 2024, 11:51:31 PM »
Thanks for the update, sorry you had this problem. I'm sure he knew of this issue and could have told you. Kind of like when he got in the 2club at Elmo car ran 205 on the first pass was certified, then he made 2nd pass and ran 200.00 pulled the first cert. Next board meeting rule was changed to Fastest pass counted and had to be taken.
World of Speed-specific stuff / Racers Spotlight
« Last post by lsrchild on May 03, 2024, 10:13:49 PM »
Hi all! I run the Racers Spotlight program for the social media profiles of the Usfra.

Are you looking to highlight your ride? Want to send some love to the team you have with you? I have just the trick!

Email a brief description and picture to Racersspotlight@gmail.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10