Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
SpeedWeek 2024 / silat42561
« Last post by silat42561 on Today at 04:13:34 AM »
 The 1/2-day excursion of dim sum and food tour throughout the chinese language New 12 months is the most suitable, because the itinerary is based totally on the recommendation of the master of metaphysics, grasp Ben.

https://www.besttopbestblogger.com
THE place for (what you think is) funny stuff. / Re: Blonde joke
« Last post by floydjer on May 07, 2024, 05:46:07 PM »
Getting back on topic.....Marybeth and her fellow blonde gal pal Janet went to a bar and pulled sandwiches from their purses. Bartender says.." You can't eat your own food in here"....So they swapped.🤔
Bonneville General Chat / Re: The camera on the salt flats
« Last post by Stainless1 on May 06, 2024, 05:47:03 PM »
Saw that during the storm on the movie that played yesterday... was ugly out there for a while.
Build Diaries / Re: Belly Tank Build Diary
« Last post by ronnieroadster on May 06, 2024, 04:51:31 PM »
The time slip shows your engine was still pulling from the 3/4 to the mile with the 2:48 gear. From my experience comparing speeds gained in the final 1/4 of the mile most will gain 10 to 15 MPH in the open wheeled class such as yours and the class I run with an engine that makes good power. The reduction in speed with the 2:22 gear could simply be the engine is no longer in its happy torque range trying to push into the wind.
 Ronnieroadster.
Build Diaries / Re: Belly Tank Build Diary
« Last post by Mike Brown on May 06, 2024, 02:53:21 PM »
We ran the ECTA mile this past weekend in Arkansas.  The new rear suspension with coil springs and adjustable shocks was a handful.  I started with 5 clicks (of 18) from full soft on both compression and rebound.  The car was almost undriveable with so much twisting under acceleration.  I moved up to 10 clicks then 13 and it was better.  The best run was 204+ in the mile, note that I have been 210+ on this track last year.  That was spraying the NOS for the last 1/4 mile for the 204 pass.  The 210 pass was without NOS.  The restriction that I put in blower bypass valve did help, I did not break the tires loose at all after shifting.  I think that it is a traction issue, the 210 run had a tailwind while the 204 run was against a headwind.  The data shows about the same RPM through the traps for both runs, or my clutch is slipping.  I have a couple of inputs left on my data logger so the plan is capture tire speed for the front and rear wheels.  That should help figure this out.  I was almost at the rev limiter (6,500 rpm) on both runs, with 2.48:1 rear gears.  I switched to 2.22:1 rear gears and went slower (199+).  I plan to do some testing at the dragstrip with the original rubber springs.  Going fast is harder than one would think. 
Aerodynamics / Re: C/GALT Body Stretch??
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on May 06, 2024, 10:36:18 AM »
I have been in discussions about a Charger 500 being legal.  As they say only 392 were made, but all Daytonas started as Charger 500s etc. Technically it is production on a Daytona which is a model of the Charger.  It shouldn't be an issue as I will never be in impound. It is possible that I decide to make some other changes and just run in Timed. Thanks!
Bonneville General Chat / Re: The camera on the salt flats
« Last post by TrickyDicky on May 06, 2024, 10:23:46 AM »
I can not access the camera   :x
Bonneville General Chat / Re: Doug Herbert LSR Streamliner
« Last post by tallguy on May 05, 2024, 11:22:30 PM »
I wish Doug Herbert great success and progress with his land speed car project.  But based on what I have seen so far,
I'm not going to hold my breath while waiting for the car to be completed.
Bonneville General Chat / Re: Doug Herbert LSR Streamliner
« Last post by lsrchild on May 05, 2024, 10:55:55 PM »
I cannot wait to see this monster make her debut. its an honor to have a legend in the LSR SoCal club with me
Let's Pray that this doesn't happen again. my guys and i had our rookie year delayed because of the rain last year. we've now hit the point where the R word doesn't get said until the end of september
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10